got my silver SL-CT570 today but...
Aug 1, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #16 of 23
Yes, the non-US versions of portable audio gear is almost always better (as in this case). So don't worry about it -- leave that to us.

I'm using my power supply from my JVC XM-R70SL MDP/R on my SL-CT570 right now. I didn't know there was another jack size ... I have a friend's Sony PCDP at home that I'll look at.

Did you guys know there's a blue version of the SL-CT570? I saw a picture of one on Panasonic's Japanese site -- I'd thought they only came in silver.

kerelybonto

Aug 2, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #19 of 23
hi guys!

dinosauract
thanks for the free offer. you're a darling. don't worry, i'll just get a local adaptor which will fit the voltage of this place since korea has different voltage outlets compared to japan and u.s.. funny, the adaptors that orginally came with my md, my sony cassette walkman and my brother's pcdp are still in their boxes. wow, you have three 570's? or just three ps acces.
smily_headphones1.gif

kerelybonto
yup, there's a dark blue model. shiny and nice. in fact, most of the 570's being sold here is the blue model. but i went with the silver since all of my portable electronics are that color (i love uniformity
smily_headphones1.gif
). anyway, at a distance or in photos, IMO, the blue one looks like plastic. BUT when you hold it, it looks much nicer, warmer and more solid than the silver one.

sapphiremodena
smily_headphones1.gif
that's right. the gods smiled down on me yesterday. now if only i can get this optical-out to work....
smily_headphones1.gif
but for the sound alone, it's sin for me to complain about this optical jack. i could go to the panasonic service center one day if it's really busted (sigh, if only they can speak english).

andrzejpw
i don't have a deck yet. my computer doesn't go with an optical soundcard. i'm in the dark except for my md
smily_headphones1.gif

stay sane and take care of each other.

Aug 2, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #20 of 23
I just checked the Sony Walkman I have lying around and it has the normal size DC-in jack. I suppose there could be different jacks in different places, but I've never seen anything other than the normal 4mm (male) jack.

kerelybonto

Aug 2, 2002 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
I just checked the Sony Walkman I have lying around and it has the normal size DC-in jack. I suppose there could be different jacks in different places, but I've never seen anything other than the normal 4mm (male) jack.

kerelybonto

i.c. interesting! anyway, if you could look at the dc-in of the newer sony md/cd units, you'll see what i'm talking about. or was i mistaken with the electronics jargon and called it a dc jack. if so forgive me. edit:the dc-in of the panasonic 570 is a bit bigger
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2002 at 10:46 AM Post #22 of 23
Sony introduced this different jack sizes in order to make it impossible to destroy your equipment by plugging a DC adapter with higher voltage. For instance it is impossible to plug the 4.5 V adapter (PCDP) into a 3V plug (MD)

Tina, get yourself an AC/DC adapter amd try to use the optical out before you send your unit for repair.

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 23
oh my goodness. guys, IT WORKS. i literally screamed the moment the signal came in to the md. right now it's ripping the first track of glen phillips from the cd "abulum". WHAAHHOOOO, i'm the luckiest pcdp owner in korea as of this minute.

thank you everyone. i love this forum and i love you all. especially to blr who first gave the idea to us the PS.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back