Got my MS1 yesterday but..
Dec 22, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrcaMarinha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mm I noticed those are all PCIe except the ASUS XONAR D2 7.1 PCI 125€ , this card will have much more quality than the 100$ DAC ?

Looks like your paying for surround features with the 7.1.

If you're going to ask about cards, you're best using the appropriate forum, where people have heard them.

As to your edited post regarding Creative and Hot audio. Just more of the mediocrity at the $100 mark IMO. I bought a hot audio dac and because my onboard didn't suck, it was a crap crap investment. But given your phones do suck on your laptop and sound unreal on your mates desktop, then it might be worth a go. I believe he has a 14day trial period.

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #32 of 46
My headphones have fallen from my bed doing a big bang sound could this affect the sound quality ? I ask this because after testing it on my friend computer again the sound was crap, before I could raise almost all the volume and feel comfortable and with great sound, now I can't raise much or it starts to hurt my ears...

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #33 of 46
Are you using the headphone jack at the front of the computer rather than the one at the back? You can get better sound quality if you use the one at the back. I used to have an Asus motherboard and the on-board sound on that was pretty good, but my current Gigabyte sound quality is crap and yet I think they both use similar Realtek IC's.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #35 of 46
What bitrate is your music compressed to?

I have a friend who bought an AD700 but had MP3 files compressed at 64kbps
tongue.gif

So of course she thought they sucked.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A soundcard will be far better value. I've done the cheap DAC thing and most are crap. $100 does not buy very much in an external device.

According to Larry (HeadphoneAddict) this is the exception. He says this is a phenomenal device for the money.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/fir...if-out-456945/

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #37 of 46
I have a Tascam US-122L usb interface hooked up to my laptop and the sound in combination with my Grado SR60 is pretty damn excellent. I use Foobar with ASIO4ALL plugin. I wouldn't know how it compares to the sound from an Ibasso or Nuforce but I've no reason to find out.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's pretty cheap and could come in handy if you ever decide to record some music as well.
smily_headphones1.gif
Check the link!

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #38 of 46
@LeonWho
All my music is V0 >200kbs

@TheBigCW
That Dac looks good but if its my MS1 that have manufacture defect ? The sound is just plain and messy, I noticed few difference from my 10€ sony headphone with rotten pads.

So maybe I would benefice more buying a better headphone perhaps instead of spending on a dac and still getting the crappy sound.

@Negakinu
I use the ASIO4ALL too.

Dec 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #39 of 46
I din't believe when you guys said to make the quater mod, I couldn't believe that would make any difference....

But I have to say that I finally got the "courage" and did it and made a HUGE difference the sound became so clear and freaking alive !

I guess the comfies were suffocanting the sound.. making it sound ****ty. I wonder why the hell they sell the MS1 with it.

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #40 of 46
You need to buy the bowls...even more of a difference. The SR-60 and SR-60i are the only headphones designed to use the comfies.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

I din't believe when you guys said to make the quater mod, I couldn't believe that would make any difference....

But I have to say that I finally got the "courage" and did it and made a HUGE difference the sound became so clear and freaking alive !

I guess the comfies were suffocanting the sound.. making it sound ****ty. I wonder why the hell they sell the MS1 with it.

Because plenty of people, me included, like the comfies, and find no difference at all between pads. I wear comfies on my RS2 as well.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

If you like the effect, try some bowls.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because plenty of people, me included, like the comfies, and find no difference at all between pads. I wear comfies on my RS2 as well.

No offense, but if you can't hear a difference between comfies and bowls then perhaps it's time to get the earwax checked.
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but if you can't hear a difference between comfies and bowls then perhaps it's time to get the earwax checked.
wink.gif

This is pretty harsh, but I agree. The pads should make a huge difference in the sound.

OP: I would send them into Grado for repair. It sounds like you might have damaged something when dropping them. They should, under no circumstances, sound "messy" or distorted.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #45 of 46
My intent wasn't to be harsh, hence the "No offense" start-off and the winky finish. But really, I can't imagine anyone with a normal range of hearing not being able to discern a difference between a Grado with bowls and that same Grado with comfies in an A/B test.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back