Got my first cans!
Jan 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Rake12

New Head-Fier
I just got the HFI-580 today 
beyersmile.png

Can see where people are coming from with the painful highs, they really can be!
overall they're pretty good quality, how would people suggest i break them in?

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 17
HFi580 100-200 hours of burn-in. If you can, all types of music, EDM/pop/rock/jazz... 24/24, all the 24h you can increase the volume, step by step...

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 17
does it need to be different styles? will it tailor to one, guessing not just curious.
Don't really have much apart from indie/dubstep/electro and rock so all hard hitting stuff 

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 17
Its better (in the absolute) to have differents styles, but not obligatory.

Quote:
indie/dubstep/electro and rock

Its sufficient imo.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
It doesn't matter one bit what styles of music you're playing.

Rock or Jazz or EDM or classic... don't use the drivers similarly.

After, there is two schools, those who believe in burn-in and those who don't.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:

Rock or Jazz or EDM or classic... don't use the drivers similarly.

After, there is two schools, those who believe in burn-in and those who don't.

I absolutely believe in burn-in.  Current through the drivers making small but noticeable changes.  I don't believe that Rock electrons are any different than Jazz electrons.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 17
I don't speak about current lol, but the movement of the diaphragms.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
I don't speak about current lol, but the movement of the diaphragms.

Please inform me as to what moves your headphones' diaphragms, because mine are all powered by electricity.

Anyway, whatever changes are going to happen will come about regardless.  I say just listen to and enjoy your new headphones Rake12.
beyersmile.png

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
Please inform me as to what moves your headphones' diaphragms, because mine are all powered by electricity.

Of course, but i don't speak about current but about that diaphragms movements are differents according to the type of music. Techno ll give more amplitude to the diaph than classic.

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #11 of 17
if you want to tame the highs a little use an EQ to take a small notch out at 8khz, and a slightly smaller notch at 16khz. just enough to reduce the sibilance a bit but not remove it totally else you start losing detail quickly. really edgy top end on ultrasones. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 17
Highs are not harsh, maybe sparkly to my ears. Your's are brand new, they need burn in. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:

As long as you're talking about a dynamic driver (as opposed to electrostatic or BA), the sound is produced by electromagnets moving the diaphragm.

Quote:
It sounds like there's a lot of background noise? not as clear or punchy as they we're earlier? is this the burning in process?

What are you running them out of?  Because if you're using the headphone jack on your computer, you could be getting interference from the other electronic components inside.  My old laptop used to have a horrible problem with this; when no sounds were playing, you could hear constant light static and electronic noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back