got banned from my favorite gaming server
Jun 29, 2006 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Jbucla2005

1000+ Head-Fier
I got banned from 106th elite's COD UO gaming server, my favorite public server to play on, and it's a big let down for such a lover of this game. I really don't have many other choices for playing SD and expecting to get a decent ping. I have posted on their website and they don't seem to be responding too much. What's up with gamers?? I really didn't do anything against the rules or disrespect anyone, or if I did it was unintentional.

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 23
i dont know about ping but i was a frequent player of DODsource and as long as its under 100ping i have no problem keeping atleast a 1:1 kill:death ratio. its not something i complain about, i know other player in the server should be getting similar thing. also i find it ridiculous to auto ban people with low ping because i beleive players with low ping should not slow down a server. ping isnt the first thing i look at when i join a server, usually maps. there's always that one server that have one permanent map, and a bundle of players that play there everyday for 6 hours and they've been there for over a year. and its not even capture the flag, just mindless shooting.

its hard to find a good server. with fps too much annoying and disrespectful kids between 7 an 40 years old, hard to find a server with cool people and adults, and at the sametime doesnt have ridiculous rules like "omg" is a swear word. these people have their heads too much up the fps and lost a sense of normality.

one time i was banned from a server because i headshot this pretentious sniper who is a mod who think he is too good and thought i cheated. which fine with me, plenty other servers.

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i dont know about ping but i was a frequent player of DODsource and as long as its under 100ping i have no problem keeping atleast a 1:1 kill:death ratio. its not something i complain about, i know other player in the server should be getting similar thing. also i find it ridiculous to auto ban people with low ping because i beleive players with low ping should not slow down a server. ping isnt the first thing i look at when i join a server, usually maps. there's always that one server that have one permanent map, and a bundle of players that play there everyday for 6 hours and they've been there for over a year. and its not even capture the flag, just mindless shooting.

its hard to find a good server. with fps too much annoying and disrespectful kids between 7 an 40 years old, hard to find a server with cool people and adults, and at the sametime doesnt have ridiculous rules like "omg" is a swear word. these people have their heads too much up the fps and lost a sense of normality.

one time i was banned from a server because i headshot this pretentious sniper who is a mod who think he is too good and thought i cheated. which fine with me, plenty other servers.

Your post is why I quit pc gaming. I love the 360 so much, and amazingly, I seem to find less kids then I do adults. And most of the kids on the 360 with the cheap headset sound like women, so it doesn't really matter
smily_headphones1.gif
. I would spend hours in CS just looking for a good server, everyone had began tainting their servers with stupid plugins and crap I didn't want, and I didn't want to join a league or anything.

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 23
When I was just getting good in Q3, I got so many cheat accusations that playing on most public vq3 (vanilla Q3) servers was becoming impossible. This was before the days of Punkbuster and other anti-cheating software, so there were always more accusations of cheating than actual cheating, but there were always enough blatant cheaters to keep the accusation train going. At one point, I remember that I made it my mission to get banned from as many FFA servers as I could just by playing
tongue.gif

Pubs have been and are run by noobs who don't understand a lot of things that a good player can do. Very big pubs will also have moderators that have to deal with lots of player requests and demands, and are likely to ignore you when you come to them with your story. Pubs suck, and the best way to enjoy an online FPS is to either find the elite servers, usually the ones running the pro mods, or find a group of friends that have their own server and get on good terms with them. Back on Hector's Hurt Hut, we had some amazing games - all causal and in good fun, precisely what casual gaming should be. And, over time, even though we never tried to make our group competitive, we had attracted a lot of very skilled players, some of them former and current pros, mainly through our good attitude and cheer.

I miss Q3
frown.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagwire
And most of the kids on the 360 with the cheap headset sound like women, so it doesn't really matter

worrisome.

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i dont know about ping but i was a frequent player of DODsource and as long as its under 100ping i have no problem keeping atleast a 1:1 kill:death ratio. its not something i complain about, i know other player in the server should be getting similar thing. also i find it ridiculous to auto ban people with low ping because i beleive players with low ping should not slow down a server. ping isnt the first thing i look at when i join a server, usually maps.

People have been complaining about high pingers, "omgz 56ker" for as long as I can remember in HL/HL2 games. Apparently a user with 200+ ping can slow down an entire server and ruin the experience for everyone else.
rolleyes.gif
o well...

Jun 29, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #12 of 23
Ugh... I don't do PC gaming. I don't usually worry about getting banned about playing what game (s - though I only have one hahahaha
tongue.gif
) I have, cause for one I don't know how to cheat, just outwit. For two, I don't play enough for my status on MGS3:S's servers to matter to anyone. For three, after being outside for a while enjoying life, online play is far from my mind. It makes me want to wait and get the Wii when it comes out. If any titles on launch are online compatible, then using that "wiimote" thing would be "like ZOMG teh maximum c001n355"
smily_headphones1.gif
Then I wouldn't mind. I just don't want to be stuck to a couch or chair too long I guess. After seeing an E3 display of Ping Pong, that's what I want my online experience to be like, just once. I think that would be a blast.

600smile.gif
Abe

PS- sorry for going off topic, but it got me thinking and I had to say something.

Jun 29, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #13 of 23
once you find a good server source is so fun. I bounce around a couple of servers. just find a good cal server so you get really competive play when you want it and little lag. I have been banned on some trash pub servers for 'cheating' and from another for calling an admin a dumbass (it was only a 5 min ban because he was a friend of mine).

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
what did you do exactly?

I broke some minor rules, attacked a clan member with friendly fire is on, but it was after the round and they were provoking me, anyway this is pretty minor, they warned me and I said OK. Also, as a joke I set my name to |uberhaxclan| in the beginning. I was on the top of the score list, and then a little while later I got this amazing shot off on a guy (clan member) and 3 seconds later it said I was permanently banned.

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Meh, just move onto to another game.

It's a sign to upgrade to another game.

I would, I tried COD 2 but it doesn't do it for me. I love Call of Duty: United Offensive to death. Anyway, I finally got a response from an admin that I would get unbanned asap. They didn't tell me why I was banned though.

About cheating, I don't do it and never did, but I understand it does exist, as I've seen Punkbuster screen shots of people using wall hacks, etc. and it's kind of sickening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back