got banned from my favorite gaming server
Jun 30, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 23
My guess is that they thought you were cheating. You sort of invited a ban by naming yourself 'uberhaxclan' and being too good at the same time.
icon10.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
My guess is that they thought you were cheating. You sort of invited a ban by naming yourself 'uberhaxclan' and being too good at the same time.
icon10.gif

They unbanned me, a leader posted about it to say I was unbanned, and then this morning I come in, play for 5 minutes, and get banned again! I had my regular tags on and did nothing against the rules. What! All I do was show some skill. Now I have to go back to forums and post again and wait for a response. Jeez, what BS, these guys have no lives if they think everyone who is better than them is hacking.

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #18 of 23
Get over it. It's their server and you really can't do much about it even though you know you didn't do anything wrong. It happens to me all the time in CS where everyone thinks I am cheating. If you don't want to play with those jokers I suggest you play competitively and you'll see less of them.

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #19 of 23
It sucks I know.

My brother did something borderline against the rules in BF2. Basically it could have been interpreted either way and the servers rules themselves where completely foggy on the issue.

So anyway. Not only did he cope a ban. It was a permanent ban, without warning to all users on that cd key. So I got hit with a ban as well. Granted I had done some similar things in the past that I got away with so I can't give him too much stick. But really that is just wrong.

I appealed it and the admin flat out refused to consider it, the fact that he made a huge spelling error with my player name leads me to believe he put plenty of thought into, about how long it took to hit the reply button I'd say. Plus they didn't alter the wording of their rules to reflect this violation that is disputable as being against their rules.

So yeah. In the end I had to play on other servers. They were a bit worse at times but there had been so many seriously wrong things done on those servers which I got banned from, that other people didn't even get a slap on the wrist from.

Like my brother was in a vehicle, a clan member tked a player to make space for himself and his clanmantes all laughed and said they'd do the same. Only reason they probably spared my bro is hes a decent player and they didn't need his space. I've also been deliberately tked when trying to cap a flag as my team wanted to sit around it and baserape as they spawned.

The people that always claim 'hax0rs' usually suck and can't deal with getting beaten. I do get frustrated at times and there are some odd circumstances where something theoritically shouldn't happen but does. I've found usually though is that either the players good, they got lucky or something actually happened with the game. Like in BF2 the PKM a machine gun was tweaked to be insanely accurate, rather than claim the guy that just pretty much sniped me with a machine gun was hacking we both joked at how incredibly unbalanced they'd made it.

Jun 30, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #20 of 23
in counter-strike there is no luck, just skill with the exception of jumping headshots. Blind-noscope-awp headshots from "long a" is all skill.

Jul 1, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #21 of 23
When I used to play starcraft on battlenet I started getting kicked or banned from games because of my high game ratio, I had like 1500 wins to 300-500 losses. Believe it or not, I actually played every single game. The best was when I used to get backstabbed by clan members who were my partners and still beat them at the end
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
I miss Q3
frown.gif

It's not gone, you know
smily_headphones1.gif
I still play it all the time.

I've been playing just excessiveplus lately and I really like it. It brings out my strengths.

What I miss is Quake Team Fortress.

Jul 1, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
It's not gone, you know
smily_headphones1.gif
I still play it all the time.

I've been playing just excessiveplus lately and I really like it. It brings out my strengths.

What I miss is Quake Team Fortress.

Wow, oldschool. Quake Team Fortress was the most fun I ever had in a first person shooter and this was before dsl! Remember the snipers with their red lasers and one-shot headshots that would cause their head to explode in a spray of blood and chunks? So funny.

BTW - They unbanned me again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back