Got a MAX? DX220MAX, DX300MAX or DX320MAX and get a PB5 Korg Nutube Amp at 40% off! Tubes and Stepped Attenuator.
Feb 6, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #91 of 114
Just know that Ibasso is currently on break till February 18th. Paul will communicate but he told me the Pb5 transaction won't go through until then.
This is if you buy it directly from iBasso right ?
Now that most local retailers have them in stock I doubt why you would import directly from China with the hassle of taxes and other charges.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #92 of 114
Now that most local retailers have them in stock I doubt why you would import directly from China with the hassle of taxes and other charges.

I am using the MAX owner special price. So that is a direct sale.

But my country won't tax something at the value of 900usd normally. Though sometimes it may.

Also, some retailers might be considered grey market. So Ibasso may require you to RMA things by sending back to your retailers first, and then the retailer will put up the request to Ibasso for repair.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #93 of 114
Max owner special is through Ibasso directly and can only be applied to the PB5 not toward the D16 purchase.

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #94 of 114
I am glad you are enjoying this hobby. Have you experienced any other portable amps previously yet ? If I may ask
Yes. The Cayin C9. At the time it was fed by a Mojo 2 from my iPhone. I honestly didn’t think it made much of a difference. Sold it rather quickly.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #95 of 114
Max owner special is through Ibasso directly and can only be applied to the PB5 not toward the D16 purchase.
That sucks for EU buyers because you’ll have to pay 20% more when it arrives in the destination country.
Before anyone says it, at least in Germany under declaring an item does not work 99% of the time.

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #96 of 114
That sucks for EU buyers because you’ll have to pay 20% more when it arrives in the destination country.
Before anyone says it, at least in Germany under declaring an item does not work 99% of the time.
What about asking Ibasso to send in 2 packages ? Battery and the amp separately. Then declare the amp as USB device for repair, does not work, values $5. When it comes, just put in battery and voila 😅

Feb 7, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #99 of 114
What about asking Ibasso to send in 2 packages ? Battery and the amp separately. Then declare the amp as USB device for repair, does not work, values $5. When it comes, just put in battery and voila 😅
In Germany, customs are quite smart. They always ask for proof of payment and it’s clearly stated in their rules that an Invoice is NOT a proof of payment. Accepted proofs are Paypal receipt, bank statement etc. They will cross verify the information there and if something is suspicious, they will simply open the package, check it and reseal it.

Believe me, not many people import as much stuff as I do and I’m telling you it’s near impossible to get anything past the customs without paying 20% on the full price (including shipping).

Feb 7, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #100 of 114
In Germany, customs are quite smart. They always ask for proof of payment and it’s clearly stated in their rules that an Invoice is NOT a proof of payment. Accepted proofs are Paypal receipt, bank statement etc. They will cross verify the information there and if something is suspicious, they will simply open the package, check it and reseal it.

Believe me, not many people import as much stuff as I do and I’m telling you it’s near impossible to get anything past the customs without paying 20% on the full price (including shipping).
That is why you ask kindly the seller to process two transactions , one lower and one higher totaling the value, then ask for an invoice for the lower amount.
Always worked for me even when I lived in Germany.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #103 of 114
Perhaps the question has already been asked, but can the PB5 & D16 be used (for burning-in) while charging?
You can, but both has battery cares built in. That means, it stops all charges when battery reaches 85%. It will not trigger charging again even when you plugged it in and it was charging previously, until you manually plug and unplug. So, make sure you do it once every so often in between

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #104 of 114
You can, but both has battery cares built in. That means, it stops all charges when battery reaches 85%. It will not trigger charging again even when you plugged it in and it was charging previously, until you manually plug and unplug. So, make sure you do it once every so often in between
That means the batteries can be depleted even when the charging cables are plugged in? Unplug/Plug again will restart the charging cycle? Thanks.

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #105 of 114
That means the batteries can be depleted even when the charging cables are plugged in? Unplug/Plug again will restart the charging cycle? Thanks.
No, you can plug it in, use it and the batteries will remain charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back