Good time to buy a Macbook?
Jun 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #31 of 42
my gf wanted to buy a mac and i told her to purchase a macbook pro. While a PC guy myself, she is computer illiterate but with the pro she hasn't had any problems and hasn't found a way to download any viruses or ruin the computer as of yet.

my roommate and a close friend on the other hand have macbooks and they've had many problems with it. including the harddrives clicking, heat problems, and screen issues. i think it's justifiable to buy the pro for the better quality.

Jun 5, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #32 of 42
Ok here's my calculus, assuming nothing changes on the 9th. If it's a brand new redesign then AppleCare is a must.

15'' 2.4 GHz Macbook Pro: $1999
College Student Discount: ($200)
iPod Touch with rebate : ($299)

Total Cost: $1500

This is assuming I can immediately sell the free iPod Touch to someone on the FS forum.

FYI, rebates tend to scare me...are you guys sure Apple will really rebate me? Is the rebate process difficult? I tend to fear that rebates are scams.

Since it looks like I'm getting a computer with a real GPU, what Mac OSX multiplayer FPS do you guys recommend for some light recreational gaming?

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok here's my calculus, assuming nothing changes on the 9th. If it's a brand new redesign then AppleCare is a must.

This is assuming I can immediately sell the free iPod Touch to someone on the FS forum.

FYI, rebates tend to scare me...are you guys sure Apple will really rebate me? Is the rebate process difficult? I tend to fear that rebates are scams.

Since it looks like I'm getting a computer with a real GPU, what Mac OSX multiplayer FPS do you guys recommend for some light recreational gaming?

You do know the 8gb itouch will drop MASSIVELY in price right? everyone will bet getting a touch.
If you want, i can always take it off u for 100$ XP.

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do know the 8gb itouch will drop MASSIVELY in price right? everyone will bet getting a touch.

In addition to that it's been rumor for a while that the 8bg Touch is one the way out entirely to make room for a larger capacity version.

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by funniecow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, you also get a free printer, sell that too?

I thought you just got $100 (rebate) towards a printer?

I wonder what they are going to reveal, now that they are clearing out the iPod Touch stocks. Come on, 80g Touch, don't fail me now
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #39 of 42
You can always sell the touch to Euroland, with the crappy dollar some euro Headfier will be more than happy to buy it. Store price is 289.- Euros here with about 260.- street price. If you can sell it 200.- shipped it is still a bit more than $300.

And no I am not interested, thanx anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its never a good time to buy a MAC.

Yes I said it, sorry Mac fan boys.

wow bashing people who use macs is really original...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would go for it... I have the first C2D macbook pro, and the only problem I've found is that the lid doesn't open/close quite as well, its also slightly warped. I had the g5 powerbook too, and that thing was perfect. Also, many of those problems you reported, you probably could've got fixed under applecare. My cat once tore my keyboard out of my macbook pro, and apple fixed it for free. My friend dropped his iphone and it shattered, apple also replaced it no charge. So, I would get the applecare, and be sure to use it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back