Good soundtracks
Sep 10, 2001 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 46
I think the only soundtrack I own is for "Last Action Hero." It's quite good if you like Rock. I thought the movie was also excellent. My favorite track is "Angry Again" by Megadeth.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 10, 2001 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 46
Speaking of soundtracks and Megadeth...for some reason I really like Megadeths rendition of Duke Nukem's theme song!

Sep 11, 2001 at 12:45 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Mookie said...

If you don't mind anime .. Macross Plus OST (1+2) is very very very good!

Oh yeah, I forgot about them! Yes, very good.

Quote:

acidtripwow said...

I think the only soundtrack I own is for "Last Action Hero." It's quite good if you like Rock. I thought the movie was also excellent. My favorite track is "Angry Again" by Megadeth.

Cool, I thought I was the only person w/ that soundtrack! Pretty much all the songs on there are pretty good. Only one I don't like is that one by Fishbone.

Sep 14, 2001 at 3:35 AM Post #23 of 46
ditto on Dances with Wolves. the CD recording quality is not the best but fortunately they came out with a SACD version which should be better.

Out of Africa is also a really nice soundtrack by John Barry as is Dances with Wolves.

Land Before Time by James Horner is an excellent soundtrack as well.

Pearl Harbor is a nice soundtrack with Faith Hill.

if you like the pop type of soundtrack Xanadu is a nice choice with Olivia Newton John and ELO. This soundtrack has been remastered and it sounds decent.

St. Elmo's Fire is a nice too.

Sep 14, 2001 at 3:54 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

squirt said...

Land Before Time by James Horner is an excellent soundtrack as well.

YES!! It gets my vote for best little-known movie soundtrack. I'm also a sucker for the one vocal song on the CD.

Sep 14, 2001 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 46
dhwilkin, i agree the land before time soundtrack is a masterpiece by any standard and i think reflects the very best work of James Horner. Performed by none other than the London Symphony Orchestra with King's College Chior accompaniment. Diana Ross sings the title track "If We Hold On Together" which you can still hear on the radio from time to time and is a really fine song.

Sep 7, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #26 of 46
How about the soundtrack for Krull by James Horner? It is quite interesting to say the least, thought the only song I really like on it is Quest for the Glaive.

Also Robin Hood Prince of Thieves is a good ochestral soundtrack.

Sep 7, 2002 at 4:27 AM Post #27 of 46
Just picked up the soundtrack for Legends of the Fall by James Horner today (along with a load of other CDs...). Sounds very nice. Recommended.

Sep 7, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #28 of 46
Without even reading the 23 posts in this thread, here are my recommended soundtracks:

Pi
Requiem For A Dream
Natural Born Killers
Clerks
[size=medium]THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING[/size]
Mulholland Drive

Sep 7, 2002 at 7:34 AM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by attnet
although I favor foreign (such as celtic, etc), classical, and some types of rock/alternative. Thanks for your help.

I'm a huge Celtic, Gaelic, Scottish fan, and the following are some good scores/soundtracks for those genres:

Braveheart
More Braveheart
Rob Roy
Circle of Friends
Titanic (just skip the Celene song
wink.gif
)
More Titanic (more Irish stuff on the 2nd one)

These are all excellent, IMO, if you like those genres and want background or foreground music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back