Good Riddance 2020 Sale! 15% off Most Headphone Models.
Dec 24, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #31 of 52
Ether Cx is much more neutral with a narrower sound stage, but arguably better detail retrieval and imaging. Aeon 2 has a mid bass boost and mids are pushed back compared with Ether Cx. The Ether has a larger driver, which gives sub bass a bit more thump, but Aeon 2 will feel more bassy in general. Aeon 2 is a "fun" tuning that goes well with rock, metal, and electronic. Ether Cx is more of a jack of all trades but I find it still does well with electronic and really excels at very well mastered live recordings. The Alice In Chains unplugged album really shows what the Ether Cx is capable of. Basically, Ether Cx is a less forgiving headphone for bad recordings with dynamic compression vs. Aeon 2.

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #32 of 52
Could you detail your warranty and repair policies? I wasn't able to find any details on the website.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #34 of 52
Dec 28, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #38 of 52
Does the Aeon 2 make any improvements on the pads? I have the Aeon closed and I like the sound, but the irreversible twisting pad issue has made them both look unattractive and more uncomfortable. For the price point I have steered people away from the Aeons because of the pad quality.

Dec 28, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #39 of 52
Does the Aeon 2 make any improvements on the pads? I have the Aeon closed and I like the sound, but the irreversible twisting pad issue has made them both look unattractive and more uncomfortable. For the price point I have steered people away from the Aeons because of the pad quality.
Have you contacted DCA for the damaged pads? I'm pretty sure they would sort that out by telling you how to fix them or by shipping new pads. My pads have had no issues so far.

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #40 of 52
I have the perforated pads for my open Aeon 1. They seem to be similar to the solid pads in terms of roll over. The supplied foam pad keeps the pressure off the pads though and my pads still last a long time.

Dec 28, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #41 of 52

Have you seen DCA's youtube video on how to untwist the foam inside the pads?

Dec 28, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #42 of 52
I have the perforated pads for my open Aeon 1. They seem to be similar to the solid pads in terms of roll over. The supplied foam pad keeps the pressure off the pads though and my pads still last a long time.

The newer pads use a slightly stiffer foam with a different internal construction so pad deformation is significantly reduced.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 12, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #44 of 52
Just curious if these have started shipping yet...

Yes. 100% of current orders are expected to ship over the next 10 days. We're at capacity...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back