Good Riddance 2020 Sale! 15% off Most Headphone Models.
Dec 22, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #16 of 52
Argh, i want to buy these but my already stretched budget is 600€.
Sadly 764.99$ with shipping and import tax would translate more towards 1000€ which is what they sell for in Europe.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #17 of 52
Should have went with that flat gray that has a high gloss clear coat over it that current supercars have on new a2c...I did not like aeon tuning, really like my Aeon 2 closed...different animal to Aeon entirely....

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #18 of 52
Specs are kinda light on the product page. Does anyone know the Noire's impedance? Wondering if it'll pair reasonably well with my high output impedance OTL amp?

It's 12.5 ohms. Depends on the OTL amp, for example I have an LTA Z10e and it has more power than I've used, but other OTL can be hit or miss, depends on output power and output impedance of the design. What are you using? I may not know it but I can take a quick look at specs...

I live in san diego anybody knows where to audition these?

Normally we allow scheduled auditions but due to the pandemic we could perhaps setup an outside listen for you using portable gear. Just email info@danclarkaudio.com and we can set it up.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 22, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #20 of 52
I'm happy they made an all black version

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #21 of 52
It's 12.5 ohms. Depends on the OTL amp, for example I have an LTA Z10e and it has more power than I've used, but other OTL can be hit or miss, depends on output power and output impedance of the design. What are you using? I may not know it but I can take a quick look at specs.
Thank you for that reply, it is helpful. My amp is Feliks Audio Elise.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #22 of 52
My DCA Aeon RT's may not be my best headphone, but right now, they are my favorite headphone. Have been for some time, even more so with the new Jotenheim 2 with MM from Schiit.

The Jot improves the response, extension, clarity, well just everything really, I mean it's a great match. Not the easiest cans to drive, but even with the Hel, Modmic combo deal, it's a great sounding set of cans.

Dec 22, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #24 of 52
@mrspeakers, can you be more specific in the differences between the regular Aeon 2 Closed and the Noire? I saw that the Noire is closer to Harman, but how close? How far is the regular Aeon 2 Closed? Are there changes in the entire frequency range between those two or just a specific range?

thanks!

Here's vs. Harman. A critical note; the high frequencies on our specific ear/coupler tend to measure very flat where most GRAS pina couplers roll off and follow the Harman. Using the coupler and Pina Head-Fi uses would cause our highs to track the Harman curve. Knowing this, it's pretty easy to see just how close this tracks from 20-5,000Hz, but if we used the same pina/coupler as Head-Fi I'm pretty sure this'd track the whole way.

The original A2C adds about 3dB from 200-1.3k or so, that makes the midrange warmer than the Harman response, and from a soundstage POV is like moving from the 8th row (Noire) to the 3rd row (A2C).

Noire vs Harman.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 23, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #25 of 52
Here's vs. Harman. A critical note; the high frequencies on our specific ear/coupler tend to measure very flat where most GRAS pina couplers roll off and follow the Harman. Using the coupler and Pina Head-Fi uses would cause our highs to track the Harman curve. Knowing this, it's pretty easy to see just how close this tracks from 20-5,000Hz, but if we used the same pina/coupler as Head-Fi I'm pretty sure this'd track the whole way.

The original A2C adds about 3dB from 200-1.3k or so, that makes the midrange warmer than the Harman response, and from a soundstage POV is like moving from the 8th row (Noire) to the 3rd row (A2C).
Compared to the RT? TYIA! BTW have you tried the RT in the Jot 2? The bass is phenomenal. The entire sound is better, like what I would expect from going a model up.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #26 of 52
I got my Aeon 2C about a month ago and it’s amazing!
It most certainly is !
Sound leakage on them are 2nd to none, IMO.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #27 of 52
How does the Aeon 2 Closed compare to the Ether CX closed? (Massdrop has the Ether CX for $750 right now which is close to the sale price of the A2C, that's why I'm asking)

Dec 23, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #29 of 52
Dec 23, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #30 of 52
I was actually wondering about any driver differences (size, quality, etc) and not just freq response (I heavily EQ all my headphones anyway)

I bought the Ether CX on Drop and was wondering how they compare to the Aeon2 Closed in general
I believe the aeon 2 uses a second gen driver like the one in the Ether 2. I could be wrong but I believe that was one of the big deals when it launched. It is a smaller driver than the Ether 2 however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back