Good quality small form factor CDP?
Nov 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 23
So how did the Shanling turn out???
redface.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #17 of 23
Shanling PCD-3000A comes in US voltage. Check Audio Advisor. I have one.

Teac PD-H300 is available from J&R Music World.

There is this great tool called the internet...

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shanling PCD-3000A comes in US voltage. Check Audio Advisor. I have one.

Teac PD-H300 is available from J&R Music World.

There is this great tool called the internet...

I guess you missed the part where after I told him that the Shanling met his criteria for small CDP he went and bought one on eBay 3 weeks ago...

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how did the Shanling turn out???
redface.gif

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread and this is like 2 1/2 months late, but the Shanling is a fine source. I've moved one from it to using my pc with a DACmagic, but I still keep the Shanling around and can connect it with coaxial to my DACmagic.

I first used it with a LD MKIII and it worked great. We used the Shanling at our Dallas meet today with a LD MKVI and I had many people listening on it without complaint.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by narkleptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got one of these units, and I have to say the head-amp section is pretty sweet for the price, at least with my 701s.

I have to admit I've never used the amp portion of the player. I have a thing against solid state
redface.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have bought stuff from these guys before (to use in the USA) and you could email them and ask if the sell the 110-120v version: SHANLING PCD300A CD PLAYER WITH HEADPHONES AMPLIFIER

I love my Shanling tube CD players, and this combo looks perfect for what I'm looking for when on the road with the motorhome. It would be easy to move from the bedroom to the living room areas, or for outside listening when at RV parks, etc. I'll probably go this route myself, but with the PCD300A CD player and PH300 tubes preamp/headamp. I'm definitely wanting an easy to move around cd/pre combo. This could be used to power the amps (yet to be determined) and in the ceiling speakers in my trailer for track days and other times when I'm outside tinkering.

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #23 of 23
It's a good little player. pabbi1, alex, and the dallas/plano crew listened to my rig through it and it sounded fine. It weighs about as much as a normal cdp even though it is small form, but it's not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back