Good price on Denon D5000??
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

eposk23

New Head-Fier
I think I'll be purchasing a pair of Denon D5000's soon. Amazon' price has gone from $483 to $478 a few minutes ago. They also went from 17 left in stock to 16 to "in stock". I read somewhere that this series has been discontinued...is this true? Should I pull the trigger now and get one before the price goes up or they're out of stock?

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:
I think I'll be purchasing a pair of Denon D5000's soon. Amazon' price has gone from $483 to $478 a few minutes ago. They also went from 17 left in stock to 16 to "in stock". I read somewhere that this series has been discontinued...is this true? Should I pull the trigger now and get one before the price goes up or they're out of stock?

Ya. They are getting discontinued and the new ones look ugly. And you cant go wrong with the D5000's since they sound amazing and look amazing. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:
So you mean that if I buy them now, they aren't the ugly ones? Also, do you know of any other reputable places online to get a pair?

I think so. But they would be open box. Would that be fine? They are not. They would be the nice mahogany ones. I'm not sure if the new ones coming out will have a better sound though.

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
What does open box mean? Btw, I just bought them from amazon for $478.

Open box means that they are taken out of the box and sold for a lower price. Oh. Nice. I've never been a fan of open box/used as I like my things new. Jeez. I wish I could get a nice pair of phones. I have the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's (got them new for $94) and there amazing but am wanting phones but can't get the money atm
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:
Open box means that they are taken out of the box and sold for a lower price. Oh. Nice. I've never been a fan of open box/used as I like my things new. Jeez. I wish I could get a nice pair of phones. I have the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's (got them new for $94) and there amazing but am wanting phones but can't get the money atm
frown.gif

Why would they do that? Sorry bout your money problem, but you're certainly not alone in this economy.

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
Why would they do that? Sorry bout your money problem, but you're certainly not alone in this economy.

They are usually much cheaper. And I am 13. So I probably shouldn't have that much money.

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
They are usually much cheaper. And I am 13. So I probably shouldn't have that much money.

Oh lol I'm 15. You just gotta ask for money for Christmas and your birthday and keep saving till you can get what you want. That's what I did and after about a year or so I got $2k. I also did some small jobs but still, you just gotta keep saving

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
Oh lol I'm 15. You just gotta ask for money for Christmas and your birthday and keep saving till you can get what you want. That's what I did and after about a year or so I got $2k. I also did some small jobs but still, you just gotta keep saving

My parents also dont allow buying things that are over $400. Unless its needed like a computer. Then if I was to get new headphones for like $400 for Christmas that wouldnt be allowed. I would just  have to use my IEM's.

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #13 of 17
I will most likely get the allessandro ms1 and mod it. But I do need a soldering iron.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:
Unless I really knew what I was doing, I don't think I'd do any modding until the warranty is up.

Yea. I would like to but am scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back