good portable amp for grado325is?
Jan 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cck5

500+ Head-Fier
im gonna pull the trigger and go back into my grado obsession but this time, im gonna purchase some 325is. i wanted to know what amp will do these cans justice. im looking to spend about 200-300 doesnt matter if its new or used.

it doesnt have to have a dac as most of my listening comes out of my ipod. but if it does no big deal. also if theres something at a cheaper price you feel is great feel free to reccomend it.

the type of music i listen to is death metal and other guitar based music.

also size isnt an issue, as i plan to always use these at home.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Minibox-E+/ES, P4, D6, [used] Stepdance, you should  try searching.
You can get something real good with a budget like that.  I use a Minibox-E+ with SR325is.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 4
I have listened to the iBasso D10, D4, and P3 as well as a Mini^3, RA1 clone, and CMOYBB. I must say that the portable that I like the most with my Grado is my current Headstage Arrow, it has the high current that Grado loves and the functions are just plain awesome (2 level bass boost, 2 level crossfeed, 3 level gain, and 2 level output impedance). 

The Arrow amp is now currently $300 new shipped and you might be able to find it in the for sale forum for a bit less.

You could probably also look into a used Pico amp/dac which there is one in the for sale section for around $320 (pretty good deal with the DAC included). There is also the iBasso D12 and the D6 (the latest and more powerful of the iBasso bunch?). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back