good phones for travel with isolation
Oct 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ismelllikepoop

100+ Head-Fier
Tried the rec thread to no avail. Been trying to find some headphones for travel, decent/good isolation, and not super-bulky (no iem's they irritate my ears with extended use).  Looking to spend up to 2-300, but can stretch that to $500 if it's really compelling.  I know senn hd25-1 II's seem to be recommended a lot but havent had a chance to check them out. Anything else?  Momentums look pretty sexy and so does the sony mdr-r1, but again haven't had the chance to check them out in person.  I've been fine using grado 225's and denon ah-a100 but their isolation is pretty much non-existent.

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Oct 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 5
what about the choice between sennheiser hd25-1-ii and the psb m4u2?  mainly want to use them for studying but also for travel on long flights.  the sennheisers seem pretty good in local shops but have no idea what it would be like blocking out the drone on a 12 hr flight, which is why im thinking hard about the psb's.  I'll be honest and am not that critical of a listener, so not too picky.  Bose makes me a little nervous b/c a couple of friends who had triports had them fall apart after a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back