GOOD News About Tuberoller!
Mar 16, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #226 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
My brother bought by some DVD's

I think "Girls Gone Wild" might help you recover faster.

Seriously, get well soon. All the Best
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2003 at 11:01 AM Post #227 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by gerG
Anyway, when the drugs wear off I want to know if the nurses all still look like they had reconstructive boobwork. If not, please figure out which drug made the world look that way. This is important, damnit!

LMAO! That's got to be the funniest thing I've read on this board!

And even though I don't think I've ever shared a conversation with you, I'd just like to say it's great to see you back on here, Tubes. I always enjoy reading your posts, and I admire your generosity and honesty (even if I've been one of those *****-whipped guys who did silly things for his girlfriend
biggrin.gif
). God bless you and aid you on your speedy recovery!

Mar 16, 2003 at 3:41 PM Post #228 of 252
Quote:

My two daughters have been taking a lot of pictures since I have been in here.I will share them with you guys when I get out.Some of them are very unflattering but you guys are my friends.

I don't know about this Fred, something about seeing pics of you with tubes up your nose, headphones on your head, and you in a hospital gown with an open back.....

......sometimes friends need to tell friends [size=medium]NO!!![/size]

Mar 16, 2003 at 3:48 PM Post #229 of 252
What a relief you are OK now. No one ever thinks it can happen to them or someone they know and then you get hit with reality like ton of bricks. It just reinforces how vulnerable we all are. I'm sure you will pull back and soon its going to be just a bad memory. Welcome back!
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #232 of 252
Just thought i'd update the thread...

Now that we know Fred is on the mend, i've changed the frowny emote to a big smile on the main page...

Its great news
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 1:27 AM Post #233 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
I don't know about this Fred, something about seeing pics of you with tubes up your nose, headphones on your head, and you in a hospital gown with an open back.....

......sometimes friends need to tell friends [size=medium]NO!!![/size]

JMT man..
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
You're too funny.
biggrin.gif

I don't mind seeing tubes and headphones, or hospital gowns, for that matter.. [I work in one.]... but spare me your "hung like a miniature horse" asset. It's something I don't need to see.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #234 of 252
Did anyone happen to notice that the sad news about Fred has made this thread the third most viewed thread and comes in second for the number of replies since the creation of the Member's Lounge, and it all happened in just 4 days.
eek.gif
Wow, the man has some influence.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, its good to hear from you again and I hope you recover soon.
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 12:31 PM Post #235 of 252
Great News! Glad to see your back in action Fred. I've been away for a few days (actually I still am, just hijacked my brothers computer for a few minutes) and was greatly relieved when I saw you were feeling better and had replied .
biggrin.gif

Get well soon,

Phil

Mar 17, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #236 of 252
Glad to hear TubeRoller is doing ok!

Nice to see a board come together and show support for another member as well ...
cool.gif

Mar 18, 2003 at 6:46 AM Post #237 of 252
Tubes,

Boring is good.

Take your time. rest as much as you can. enjoy your newfound life. post some pics of the nurses pushing their bosoms against your smiling face. forget the world. and just get well.

Mar 18, 2003 at 3:03 PM Post #238 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
Did anyone happen to notice that the sad news about Fred has made this thread the third most viewed thread and comes in second for the number of replies since the creation of the Member's Lounge, and it all happened in just 4 days.
eek.gif
Wow, the man has some influence.
biggrin.gif

And international influence too....
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #240 of 252
Thanks for all the funny emails and PMs you guys have been sending.I am bored stupid in this place and I'll be here until Friday,at least.I got a chance to talk with some of you guys today on the phone and I really apreciate the encouraging words.I'm sorry about the burping but I really need to get those out and I don't have much control over them.

I had some small setbacks but I am doing well and all your thoughts and prayers have helped.I have had a bunch of visitors and many calls but it's the kind words I read on this board that really keep me going when everyone leaves after visiting hours are over.

I have learned a bunch about doctors since this whole thing began.These guys are really afraid of lawsuits I guess and they take great measures to cover thier asses.That's too bad because they spend so much time playing that game that patient care suffers.Most of these guys don't want to contradicted in any way and are extremely argumentative.

I have gotten some really strange gifts over the last few days.The music and movies are great and the Playboy,Penthouse,Hustler and other mags are always fun.I had somebody send me binoculars and I just can't put them down.There is all kinds of strange **** going on in downtown Chicago.(Why don't people close the blinds when they are having sex? Do they want to be seen?) I also had some Marines send me a desert blouse with my tag on it.I took a pic with it on,I'll post it when I get home.One of my good buddies bought out his 1967 Corvette with a 427 and 4-speed.He did a big, smokey burnout right outside my window.He set off every alarm in the area.That was really cool.

This new nurse is really hot-looking and super friendly.She is cutting my toe nails right now and she gave me a real nice shave about an hour ago.She only comes around late at night but I don't mind staying up to wait for her
biggrin.gif
.Her only problem is that she has a man-voice.I mean,if you talked to her on the phone you'd swear you were talking to a guy.A really girly sounding guy,but a guy.In my fantasy dream,I stuff a sock in her mouth to keep her quiet.I have different nurses for the day shift and none of them are anywhere near as beautiful as she is.

I got into a big argument with one of the hospital managers about those stupid automatic doors,the ones where you push the button and have to wheel through before the ****in' door closes on the back of your ****in' head.Why does that door only stay open 15 seconds? Did'nt they consider that maybe some wheelchair bound individuals can't get through the door that fast?

Some other questions I have pondered while sitting up late at night in this stinking hospital:
Why do they have to mop the floor in the middle of the night? How many flavors of red jello are there? Does low-sodium have to mean without taste? Where are the candy-strippers? Why do so many medical professionals have bad breath?(I pop mints all day to prevent my breath from smelling like I just ate a bowl of fresh,steamy ****,anyone who deals with the public should do the same.)Why do so many doctors have bad teeth? Why can't every sponge bath have a happy ending?

I finally have a good music system now and I think my phobia of the isolation of earphones like Etys will wear off soon.This is the perfect place for Etys.It is noisey all the time and I could probably fall asleep with them in.When I get home I'm gonna try Etys again.The sound on my Toshiba laptop is pretty good and I guess I can live with it.I have been playing a lot of music for my nurse,Veronica,and she thinks I have great taste in music.She picked up some Eva Cassidy and Tierney Sutton discs after hearing them on my set-up.

I'm sorry to ramble,Veronica is leaving now so I can get to sleep now(not on my stomach
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back