GOOD News About Tuberoller!
Mar 15, 2003 at 11:21 PM Post #211 of 252
Good news ,Hope you can make the NY meet. I am sure everyone would like to meet you.Get plenty of rest and listen to some tunes.

Mar 16, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #212 of 252
Wow! I just kicked everybody out of the room and it's finally quiet.A bunch of my buddies came by from the St.Patrick's parade and the place was packed with guys in skirts and furry hats.They took the cop off my room(the city does that for Cops and Firefighters) because he gets paid overtime on the weekends and I guess they figure I'm OK now.

My wife forgot to bring a cable but she did bring my JMT(thanks again Jon) Meta42 and HD600 phones.My 13 year-old daughter took a pic of me with tubes in my nose and the phones on my head.They pulled the tube out earlier today,It felt like a huge booger that I just wanted to pick from my nose.It hurt a lot coming out.

I've probably started thousands of IVs in my life and I still can't stand getting one myself.I'm such a needle-sissy.The incision on my chest is a lot smaller than I thought it would be and I should be able to get my tatoo touched up to cover it pretty well.My ears still won't pop and I really feel like I want to burp but I can't get it out.

I don't think I could do this without my laptop.My brother bought by some DVD's and my Dad picked up a few PC games for me.When my wife brings the cable tomorrow I'll be set.It's super boring in here at night and I know I ramble when I'm doped up and lonely but I need to do something to connect me to the rest of the world.I missed the send-off for the Illinois Marine Corps reserves that just shipped off.I never miss those.I have been getting tons of calls and emails from Marines stationed in the Gulf.They hated my last batch of rootbeer(I tried to make it with honey) but all wished me well.They sent back a card with 2200 signatures on it but I don't have it yet.

As bad as I feel right now I feel even worse about one of my guys that was just sent back to jail for a "parole violation".His parole officer is a real jerk and refused to wait for me to get out of the hospital for the employer interview.This kid is a truly gifted welder and a great person.He made some mistakes in his life but he was doing really well.For all the real criminals who beat the system,there are guys like him who try to do right and pay their debt and get hammered.I'm really bummed about that and I have used all my resources to pull some strings to get him out.

I'll talk with you guys later.

Mar 16, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #213 of 252
Glad to hear that you are doing better.

You mean there are no turntables in that place? Than what good are all those needles?

Mar 16, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #214 of 252
LOL
biggrin.gif

Hey, Fred... that'd be a nice McGuyverish DIY project
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #215 of 252
I'm glad I checked the board today!
smily_headphones1.gif

Fred, glad to hear your ready to defend your wife's virtue from dis-orderlies. Here's hoping you're never forced to listen to John Denver again! (Just the thought gives me chills.
eek.gif
)

Mar 16, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #216 of 252
Fred,

I'm just out of the hospital myself, and know all about tubes coming out of various orifices. Nothing quite as serious as what you've been enduring!

I've met you twice and know you to be a true gentleman. Godspeed to you.

Mar 16, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #217 of 252
Boy, I feel stupid!

Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
....My 13 year-old daughter took a pic of me with tubes in my nose and the phones on my head.They pulled the tube out earlier today,It felt like a huge booger that I just wanted to pick from my nose.It hurt a lot coming out....

I read that, and the first thing I thougt of was that you as a tubeamp in the room with you and had stuck the tubes in your nose as a joke.

duh
redface.gif
(insert sound of head slap)

Well, get some rest and enjoy your unplaned "vacation".

Mar 16, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #218 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
Boy, I feel stupid!

I read that, and the first thing I thougt of was that you as a tubeamp in the room with you and had stuck the tubes in your nose as a joke.

duh
redface.gif
(insert sound of head slap)

Well, get some rest and enjoy your unplaned "vacation".

Don't feel bad Audio Redneck I thought the same thing at first. I guess I'm a little slow myself too.
tongue.gif
Anyway, if he did happen to get those 6SN7s in his nose that would be a picture I would want to see.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #219 of 252
Yipes! 6SN7s... Fred would have to have BIG nostrils!

Nuvistors, maybe, or some 7 pin minatures... now that I'd believe. 12AX7s would be quite a feat...

Mar 16, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #220 of 252
shot

Mar 16, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #222 of 252
lol! only on this board would a thread dealing with someones struggle for life turn into a discussion on what particular vacuum tube would be best suited for nasal insertion
tongue.gif

Anyway, when the drugs wear off I want to know if the nurses all still look like they had reconstructive boobwork. If not, please figure out which drug made the world look that way. This is important, damnit!

Godspeed on the road to recovery.

gerG

(edit: make that Lingenfelterspeed on the road to recovery)

Mar 16, 2003 at 6:08 AM Post #223 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by gerG
Anyway, when the drugs wear off I want to know if the nurses all still look like they had reconstructive boobwork. If not, please figure out which drug made the world look that way. This is important, damnit!

YES, FIND THIS OUT

Mar 16, 2003 at 6:23 AM Post #224 of 252
Tuberoller,

Man is it good to hear from you again. Your the best! I knew you would pull out of it.

Keep us all informed and get those pictures out when you have time.

As far as hearing everything while you are in a coma remind me to tell you about the time I thought I had killed myself in a motorcycle crash.

Best Wishes
Brian

Mar 16, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #225 of 252
Fred,

It's great to hear you're doing well. You're an amazing resource to the community, and an incredible person. I hope you can get outta that hospital and into your home as soon as possible! That's an order!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back