Good music that's available for free? Legally?
Dec 6, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I have to say is....

Grateful Dead section of www.archive.org

pppps
wink.gif

...nuthin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #20 of 30
Does anyone know where to find Mic Christophers " Skylarkin' " available for free download? I can't find it anywhere.

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galesden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where to find Mic Christophers " Skylarkin' " available for free download? I can't find it anywhere.

Not gonna happen, legally.

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #23 of 30
archive.org yes yes but be sure to add source to your list so you can focus on soundboard copies by bands you like. A while back the Grateful Dead org got upset and stopped all downloads from there and after a big outcry allowed downloads again but only Audience copies. Some are good some not so you have to stream to decide if they are good enough for you. You can still stream vbr 190+ of soundboards though... I just try to find good flac files but it is a bummer that they nixed the soundboards of Dead shows. I am currently downloading a soundboard of another band that for once my wife and i agreed on.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #24 of 30
There's some good stuff on Jamendo. Specifically, I'm enjoying Rob Costlow and Revolution Void right now. There's some other good stuff on there, browse around and you're bound to find some stuff you enjoy. The only problem with Jamendo is that you can only get 192kb MP3s or q7 OGGs.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but it is a bummer that they nixed the soundboards of Dead shows.

I wonder what the status is of those that snagged downloads *before* they made this decision?

can you pull back data once its released and mirrored by at least a non-zero amount?
wink.gif

anyway, some AUDs are ok but I'm with you - I'll prefer a crispy SBD if I can get it.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #29 of 30
OCRemix.org

High quality VG music remixes. There's a panel of judges that approves whether each track gets put on the site, so there's tons of excellent music and very little bad music.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From links on other threads, I've downloaded 2 NIN albums, 1 BucketHead album, the complete Brandenburg Concertos from a Czech radio web site, and just the other day, 10 symphonies from the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. The last are 320kbps MP3. The others were all lossless.

Scompton, thanks for that link for the symphonies. Nice one !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back