Good London Based Store To Listen to some Headphones?
May 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #18 of 32
Superfi on Camden High Street were very helpful. I turned up this morning without warning and they were happy to let me try some phones. Even apologised for having sold out of one pair I wanted to try!

They offered to ring when the phones are back in stock and also offered to rig up a headphones amp as well.

All in all couldn't have been more helpful...

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:
Superfi on Camden High Street were very helpful. I turned up this morning without warning and they were happy to let me try some phones. Even apologised for having sold out of one pair I wanted to try!

They offered to ring when the phones are back in stock and also offered to rig up a headphones amp as well.

All in all couldn't have been more helpful...

turned up there yesterday, actually to buy the the sr325 but I wanted to test some other headphones in the same price range just to make sure, tryed the B&W P5 and what a frustration in terms of sound  althought really confortable. Very helpful they were yes.

Also went to shasonic one week earlier to test some headphones in the large range of headphones they have there, the vendor was helpful, they also offered to match superfi's price.

Both good stores no doubt although with different focuses.

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #20 of 32
Visited Selfridges on Oxford street today, they had a decent selection inc the Ultrasone Signature DJ, 750 and 900 for try on with your own music, along with various akg, shures, bowers, sennheisers inc momentum and amperior. Could also try on Bayer t70p. Had more but cant remember rest.

Was good as was a able to rule out a few I thought would suit me. Also they had various on others on display such as edition 10, high end shures, senn 800,

John lewis had a less impressive range but still had the bowers, momemtums etc

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #22 of 32
Selfridges have the t70 on display to try on, very comfy they were too! But couldnt see a plug to put into my ipod.

Im sure if you as they will let you try those.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:
Also Will probably pop into Harrods and harvey nicks to see what they have on, anyone been?

Harrods has a good selection... of expensive stuff
tongue.gif

They have Grados (from SR60 to PS1000), Ultrasones (including Edition 8 and 10), Q701, Senn HD700, HD800 and Momentum, and more.

At least I had the chance to see, touch and wear some top-of-the-line models I'll never be able to afford...
tongue_smile.gif

Dunno if you can try them. Very few were actually connected to a source, and I didn't have my DAP with me, so I didn't enquire if you can try them.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:
Quote:
Also Will probably pop into Harrods and harvey nicks to see what they have on, anyone been?

Harrods has a good selection... of expensive stuff
tongue.gif

They have Grados (from SR60 to PS1000), Ultrasones (including Edition 8 and 10), Q701, Senn HD700, HD800 and Momentum, and more.

At least I had the chance to see, touch and wear some top-of-the-line models I'll never be able to afford...
tongue_smile.gif

Dunno if you can try them. Very few were actually connected to a source, and I didn't have my DAP with me, so I didn't enquire if you can try them.

Really? Harrods? I was there in 2011 Thanksgiving.. Albeit I wasn't an audiophile, but that is actually where I started being an audiophile as I found some UETF10's on Amazon for $95. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #26 of 32
To save other time, neither debenhams or house of Frasier on oxford street have any headphones..

Also John Lewis have removed the sennheiser display area for other electricals so now displays are limited to a lot of bower &Wilkins p5/p3s along with the B&O range and a few Bose and monster.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #27 of 32

turned up there yesterday, actually to buy the the sr325 but I wanted to test some other headphones in the same price range just to make sure, tryed the B&W P5 and what a frustration in terms of sound  althought really confortable. Very helpful they were yes.

Also went to shasonic one week earlier to test some headphones in the large range of headphones they have there, the vendor was helpful, they also offered to match superfi's price.

Both good stores no doubt although with different focuses.

Did any of the two let you try iem as well?

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #28 of 32
We've been to Selfridges & Harrods the other day and they have a full collection of headphones there on the LG floor. HD800(harrods!) & lower class @selfridges, Ultrasone ed 8 & 10 or 12 (@ harrods), a load of grados from 60 to 325(harrods), bower & Wilkins p3,5,7 & many others you can listen to all!

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #29 of 32
Any new places to recommend? I will be in London next month and would like to listen to some quality headphones (Audeze, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamics, Oppo, etc) back to back in the same shop. It's almost pointless to listen to different headphones with different source equipment and different music on different days, in my opinion.

Anyone familiar with www.audiovenue.com ? It seems to be the only dealer listed on the Audeze website which has other brands as well. Crazy for a city of 10 million or so.

Or are high end headphones like Audeze also available in Tottenham Court Road shops? (even if they were, I imagine the listening conditions are terrible there)

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #30 of 32
WestendDJ off of Tottenham Court road, nice little selection. Beyers, Senns and AKG (712pro) and few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back