Good Idea or Bad? Sony MDR-V900HD's
May 31, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #16 of 33
the ones I had (900s) are great headphones ... very satisfying low-end which compared to my Senn.650 was far more satisfying , somehow ...not as much detail as the 650 but really strong in its own ways ... I recommend them ......

May 31, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skorpitarius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ones I had (900s) are great headphones ... very satisfying low-end which compared to my Senn.650 was far more satisfying , somehow ...not as much detail as the 650 but really strong in its own ways ... I recommend them ......

I think the HDs are quite a bit different than the older 900s. However, I've never used the older ones so I can't really compare.

I have used the 700DJs, though. In comparison, the 700DJs have tons more bass -- I think everyone knows that -- but not nearly as much clarity or detail. The 900HDs seem to be true studio monitors whereas the 700s are not.

The 900HDs are superior to the 700s, but I do sometimes miss the bass on the rare occasion that I listen to trance or something.

May 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #19 of 33
yeah, I had the newer HD900's ... I sold it but am seriously considering getting another one for when I just want to rock with my _ _ _ _ out to hard rock / ballsy electronica, and stuff like Primus, etcetra ... Senn.650 nor my Sony SA-5000 simply cannot provide the same kind of sonic thrill that the HD's do ...

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #20 of 33
i would like to thank everybody for this topic. i just found out that i bought fony sony v900hd. first the price was strange, than the sound, awfull... nothing like sony and then when i used them in a studio while singing. kinda doubles the vocal so that i was being unable to record... i would like to kill the guy who sold them to me if i could, but can't, just like selling them...

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #21 of 33
This reply comes a bit late, but... I just stepped on my beloved MDR-V900 'phones and damaged them.
eek.gif
In hopes of finding spare parts or a broken donor pair, I came across the unfeasibly cheap Chinese V900HDs, and ended up here.

Anyway, how do they sound? Bass-heavy, I'd almost say muddy. Sound isolation isn't as good as I'd hoped (for air travel and public transit). They're pretty rugged, until you step on them in the dark.
frown.gif
I got them to replace a set of MDR-V7 'phones that I'd loaned to a friend, who destroyed them. I'd hoped that the V900 would be a step up, but I suspect the V7's were flatter. Still, at least two co-workers ran out and got their own V900s after giving mine a listen. But maybe that was just headphone envy?

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #22 of 33
So these are fake and the guy is lying? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250639840791&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They look pretty close, but the box is different.

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #23 of 33
I recently bought Sony MDR-V900HD headphones from eBay, and they look like the original. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250639840791&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

But it says they are made in China and the box is different. So they are fake?

Jun 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 33
I often see these headphones offered for low prices, I do not trust it. If the seller is not able to answer your specific questions satisfactory regarding the 'brand realness' and other specific details of the headphone, just stay away if you want to avoid a gamble.

If you want to gamble with headphone purchases go vintage, there are gems to be found
wink_face.gif

Jun 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #25 of 33
The real Sony's with a US warranty are great headphones. Now I do not have a lot of experience with different brands of this type of sound reproduction- I am more of a speaker man ala vintage AMT, KEF, Altec, JBL: stuff that rocks! I can tell you the sony's are very detailed and while there are minor complaints about the bass being light I prefer to say balanced with the rest of the audio spectrum and very true to the original recordings which always have a high degree of variability in quality and frequency emphasis. These are true monitors so while some may be partial to other brands I can only tell you I would not hesitate to record an album with these on. They are that good!
    The stuff out of China cannot possibly be the real thing- PERIOD!! Don't do it unless you just want a cheap pair of headphones. Want a discount? Get a pair of refurbished from an authorized reseller for $135. Otherwise you get what you pay for. And it will not be a DJ Monitor in quality. Don't even buy used if you are serious about sound quality- there is just too much Chinese junk out there to trust anybody.

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #26 of 33
I love my Sony V900HD's, and mine are the real deal - got 'em from Dell. Overpriced, yes, but the SQ is stunning. The bass isn't as booming as the Sony MDR-V700DJ, as I tried a friends - but it's an all around better sounding can. Love them.

I just had to add my 2-cents,.........................
L3000.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #29 of 33

Quote:

From their about-us page.
"Directly linked with over 100 factories in China, this is your avenue to steal a bargain right on the shop floor of a factory."

More like they're stealing from you while you think you're getting a bargain. They do claim to offer a money-back guarantee, and accept paypal, so you could dispute it.

Also, since the 7509's aren't made in China (they're made in thailand?), and they supposedly deal with factories in china, do the math. What I've found when dealing with chinese sites (focalprice, dealextreme, kaidomain, etc...) is that, if the ad doesn't say "genuine" somewhere, and the price is less than OEM refurbished, they are usually fake.

I also find it extremely funny that the 7509's are $38.99, while the garbage can MDR-V150's are $35.99. They are $20 at Wal-Mart.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #30 of 33

Quote:

From their about-us page.
"Directly linked with over 100 factories in China, this is your avenue to steal a bargain right on the shop floor of a factory."

More like they're stealing from you while you think you're getting a bargain. They do claim to offer a money-back guarantee, and accept paypal, so you could dispute it.

Also, since the 7509's aren't made in China (they're made in thailand?), and they supposedly deal with factories in china, do the math. What I've found when dealing with chinese sites (focalprice, dealextreme, kaidomain, etc...) is that, if the ad doesn't say "genuine" somewhere, and the price is less than OEM refurbished, they are usually fake.

I also find it extremely funny that the 7509's are $38.99, while the garbage can MDR-V150's are $35.99. They are $20 at Wal-Mart.

Yeah.....the insanity for the price of the mdr-xd100s was frightning...they wanted $39.95. Yet they were $14.99 on sale at K-mart. The XD200s sound better and are still half the price when I got them on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back