Good headphones for under 300
Nov 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ReallyFast

New Head-Fier
Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 7
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 7
Audio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 7
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone.  I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back