Good Headphones for DnB and Dubstep Under $100
Nov 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

HyenaPrime

Head-Fier
I need a good pair of cans for dubstep and DnB which are comfortable, have good sound quality, are bassy, and have good build quality. They also strictly need to be under 100 us dollars. Here's a sample of what i like to listen to (skip to 1:40 or so) : http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=apnidjCCg54&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DapnidjCCg54
Thanks!!! :D

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 18
AKG K618 DJ.  However comfort is different for everyone as they are on-the-ear style.  I thought they sounded badass for $99.  A ton of bass and has a decent amount of detail.  The headband and hinge is also made out of polymer, which is a stronger plastic.

The AKG K67 Tiesto came out recently too for the same price.  The specs are not the same, so I can't tell yah how they are.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 18
Thank you so much. I will definetly consider those headphones.
Anyone else have any suggestions?

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:
AKG K618 DJ.  

+1 ... these are bassy and fairly well balanced.

If you want ear-bleeding bass get the Sony XB500. Although other music genres may not be fully compatible with these.

Either of these should be ridiculously comfortable.

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 18
I have a question. I was looking into the Creative Aurvana Live and the Denon AH-D1100. Do those headphones fit my parameters better, or are the AKG K618 DJ the best choice for me?

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 18
I have the Creatives with HM5 pads on them. They get a little sweaty if you are prone to that. The comfort with the new pads is crazy good. Use mine for house work and cooking but that is about the most abuse they take. To my ears the bass extension is great and on par with my DT990.

Are you using them for home or on the go? Do you want on ear or over ear?

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
I have the Creatives with HM5 pads on them. They get a little sweaty if you are prone to that. The comfort with the new pads is crazy good. Use mine for house work and cooking but that is about the most abuse they take. To my ears the bass extension is great and on par with my DT990.

Are you using them for home or on the go? Do you want on ear or over ear?

I would prefer over-ear and I would mostly use them on the go.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #8 of 18
I just ordered these after trying to decide on a new pair myself. They come to $110 after the rebate for a nib pair which is the cheapest I've seen them anywhere! Audio Technica ATH-M50. They fold up so they are portable, and are fairly easy to drive with an mp3 player.  They are an all around loved headphone on here, and from the pair I heard at Guitar Center, they are fantastic. They are the only cans I tried that night that actually made me smile from ear to ear. They sounded that good!

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-M50-SPECIAL

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
I just ordered these after trying to decide on a new pair myself. They come to $110 after the rebate for a nib pair which is the cheapest I've seen them anywhere! Audio Technica ATH-M50. They fold up so they are portable, and are fairly easy to drive with an mp3 player.  They are an all around loved headphone on here, and from the pair I heard at Guitar Center, they are fantastic. They are the only cans I tried that night that actually made me smile from ear to ear. They sounded that good!

thanks for the suggestion but my budget was 100 dollars. thanks anyway.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Just as a note, the M50 is less bassy than other suggestions, so it might not be what you're looking for.

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 18
Numark Red Wave. Can be had for less than 70 bucks. They have really dropped in price since this time last year. They are being replaced, so I say get a pair while you can. They are closed so they don't let any sound in, and hardly any sound out. They have excellent bass, which can be adjusted and played with, when mated with a good equalizer. Plus, the sound quality is very good and the styling is great too.

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
Numark Red Wave. Can be had for less than 70 bucks. They have really dropped in price since this time last year. They are being replaced, so I say get a pair while you can. They are closed so they don't let any sound in, and hardly any sound out. They have excellent bass, which can be adjusted and played with, when mated with a good equalizer. Plus, the sound quality is very good and the styling is great too.

How do they compare to the Numark HF125 - those were the worst full-size headphones I've heard in my entire life, even compared to throw-away beastly vintage headphones. Also they had a HUGE fault in the design where if you pushed the headphones into your ears (when adjusting or whatever) you could actually HEAR the plastic speaker diaphragms creaking and bending (and breaking) because of the increase of pressure in the headphone 'vacuum'.

After that experience I've just not been able to take them seriously as a headphone brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back