1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Good entry level audiophile full cups

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by packboy5, May 28, 2013.
  1. packboy5
    Hey everyone,

I am a new audiophile and am new to this site. I'm looking for a good pair of headphones, preferably full bass cups, for under $50. I've looked at the Superlux HD668B but with shipping it was a little over my price range. Here are some I've also looked at:

Superlux HD681
    Sennheiser HD202
    Koss UR 29

Which of these would you recommend, or what other pair would you recommend over these?

Thanks,

Packboy5

2. D K A
    Maybe you should try senheiser HD 201 or HD 202

3. GaryPham
    I feel that the HD419 is very comfortable and is a steal for around 35 bucks.

4. jjcoolaus
    I have had the Koss UR-50, which were good but in the end i stopped wearing them because they are on-ear. The bass was fantastic. I noticed the reviews aren't that good for the UR29 though.

You might also consider the Audio Technica ATH-RE70, AKG K519DJ, AKG K512, along with the Beyerdynamic DT235.

5. zazex
    JVC HA S500.

These are amazing headphones,
    using a new technology.
    (Carbon nanotubes - it's not a gimmick.)

Thing is, they've got to be sourced from Japan.
    Not a problem, but many folks think it is.

Mine took 4 days to arrive from Japan,
    bought from an eBay seller.

Wow, what a bargain.
    Upon hearing them, I immediately
    ordered a second pair.

6. packboy5
    Thanks for the info, I ended up going with the Sennheiser HD 419 due to low cost, comfort, and strong bass. I'll try them out and post a review. If all else fails, I have a 30 day money back guarantee [​IMG]