Good Closed Headphones to Pair with my Fiio E12 (upgrading from ATH-M50) ?
Dec 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #47 of 60
ok now to get 300 bucks.

Or u can get a gently used mad dog from the head fi fs thread. U should save about 50 that way. n u might make a new friend

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #49 of 60
  http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/mr-speakers-mad-dog-review.html

This one says that the MDs are semi open?! :S

... I owned them and they Isolate like crazy... I'm not sure if they leak or not but either way TRUST ME I owned them. They isolate VERY well and ppl around my during class could not hear my music! 

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #50 of 60
... I owned them and they Isolate like crazy... I'm not sure if they leak or not but either way TRUST ME I owned them. They isolate VERY well and ppl around my during class could not hear my music! 

How can one wear headphone during class.. @.@

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #51 of 60
How can one wear headphone during class.. @.@

I'm in college. Professor gives us work, then we all space out and submit the work before class is over. Silly High Schooler ;3 

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #52 of 60
I'm in college. Professor gives us work, then we all space out and submit the work before class is over. Silly High Schooler ;3 

That sounds more legit xD non of my headphones have ever seen the outside world before xD except for my I-E-M! (Then comes the hate xD )

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #54 of 60

Thank thats good to know

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #55 of 60
UPDATE: just got the Mad Dogs today and they are great. 

While they are still inferior in detail, sound stage, bass and treble compared to my HE-400, they are a huge improvement over the M50s in every aspect. 

they also have a slightly richer and more forward mid section compared to the HE-400 (or it sounds that way compared to the HE-400 and M50s).

its possible that they may get even better after some burn in time too. 

thanks to everyone who helped me discover these great headphones. 

beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #57 of 60
  UPDATE: just got the Mad Dogs today and they are great. 

While they are still inferior in detail, sound stage, bass and treble compared to my HE-400, they are a huge improvement over the M50s in every aspect. 

they also have a slightly richer and more forward mid section compared to the HE-400 (or it sounds that way compared to the HE-400 and M50s).

its possible that they may get even better after some burn in time too. 

thanks to everyone who helped me discover these great headphones. 

beerchug.gif

Good to hear that! 

Happy listening!
-Billson

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #58 of 60
If ur not getting equilivant bass on the Md as u would the He 400 u may want to consider upgrading ur amp. Both the MD n HE 400 sound best with at least a watt per channel. N the bright HE 400 will always have more treble over the more laid back MD

non the less glad ur njoying them!

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #59 of 60
If ur not getting equilivant bass on the Md as u would the He 400 u may want to consider upgrading ur amp. Both the MD n HE 400 sound best with at least a watt per channel. N the bright HE 400 will always have more treble over the more laid back MD

non the less glad ur njoying them!

i'm using a Fiio E12 and a schiit magni for both headphones.

when is say that the HE-400 has better bass it is by a slight margin, this may simply be because the mids on the Mad Dog seem to obscure the bass a little more than what i'm used to on the HE-400.

however both headphones sound great and i am glad i have them. 

PS: The Alpha pads are sooo good!!!

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #60 of 60

i'm using a Fiio E12 and a schiit magni for both headphones.

when is say that the HE-400 has better bass it is by a slight margin, this may simply be because the mids on the Mad Dog seem to obscure the bass a little more than what i'm used to on the HE-400.

however both headphones sound great and i am glad i have them. 

PS: The Alpha pads are sooo good!!!

Oh gawd dude... the Alpha Pads are HEAVENLY... I want a Pair for my NON Mad Dog D2ks :D, Dan did an epic job with those ePads! 

And what your hearing are the differeances bewtween open and closed headphones, I enjoy both. And I've found that I do like mids a smidge more on closed headphones ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back