Good cigarettes?
Jul 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #106 of 113
mm love cigars. a big meal, some scotch with a medium to full bodied smoke hits the spot at the end of the week. The first time I had a full bodied smoke (tatuaje cojonu 06) though was on an empty stomach and the amount of nicotine in that cigar made me vomit so much that night.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #107 of 113
Both of the cigars I had were a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight. The first one I may have inhaled some smoke, and I don't remember if it was on an empty stomach.

Afterward, I got severely light headed and nauseated and threw up three times and was in a cold sweat.

The next day, I smoked the second one, but this time I had eaten beforehand and had some root beer while smoking it, and I made absolutely sure not to inhale the smoke, and I took my sweet time to smoke it.

At the end, I broke into another cold sweat and became light headed and nauseated, and I'm sure I would have thrown up again, only this time I sat very still for about 30 minutes and concentrated on keeping it down. Not a pleasant experience at all so no more cigars for me.

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #108 of 113
Yeah, you picked a really full bodied smoke, a good one at that. Bad idea, if you're new to cigar smoking haha. If you ever decide to give cigars another chance ask for a good medium smoke. A personal fav of mine is the Perdomo Champagne Reserve. About 5 dollars a stick.

Jul 23, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #109 of 113
Just got back from Benicasim festival in Spain. Smoked some new brands over there, though not near as many as I would of liked, through a combination of being engrossed in a whole load of other activities, naturally, and the estranged Spanish shop opening hours! Still managed to try some Winstons regular, Pall Mall regular and I brought back a sleeve of Camel Full Flavour which, gratefully, I like the most of the three (and probably of any cigarette I have tried, in fact).

The Camels are just a nice, earthy, flavourful, rich tasting cigarette that has both body/texture and quality to the smoke with a slight overtone of coolness mixed with an undertone of sweetness, like you might get from certain nuts. Let me be frank in saying the differeances in the Winstons, Pall Malls and Marlboro Reds- the main cigarette brand I smoked over there due to them being the only brand you could aquire on the festival site itself; note, also, due to relatively high past experience with these they served as my refereance smoke- was subtle. Even with the Camel Full Flavours, though I clearly find them the nicest of the lot to my palette.

I think this was down to me and the state of mind and being I have been in of late though, just not best settled and relaxed in myself and, by extension, providing myself with limited/reduced bandwidth/time and space to savour and fully connect, reciprocate with and experience things. With regards to the fairness and reliability of my judgements I do feel the need to cite this point as I think it's a critical factor in the formation of those judgements ie that they are likely not the most realised. However, in short, Winston and Pall Mall regulars and Marlbor Reds, nice and solid but not stellar. Camel Full flavours a significant step up in quality providing a more luscious smoke
cool.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #110 of 113
I dont smoke regularly anymore. I like Nat Naturals and mint and dunhills. For "cheap" cigs i was smoking a lot of kamel red lights for a while. when i was in europe i was rolling drum, but the drum in the US sucks in comparison.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #111 of 113
So tar and toxins have a taste.. It's very hard to find good tobacco. And ones not laced with super nicotine to get you hooked to it. Natural tobacco has low levels of nicotine.. Much harder to get addicted.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #112 of 113
"Good cigarettes" is an oxymoron. Cigarettes are bad by their very nature.
(I am not referring to heatlth, but smell. The smell makes me want to puke. It doesn't even have to be the actual smoke, either, someone walking in after a break with that smell on their clothes is enough to gag a maggot.)

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #113 of 113
commonplace cigs: Camel Lights
Camel Turkish Golds
Lucky Strike
(i dont like menthol but KOOL are good)

imports: Dunhill Milds (blue box), Mild 7 Lights, Davidoffs, Nat Sherman, Drum (roll ur
own cigs), Galouise (blue box).

I currently smoke Mild 7 super lights 6mg. There is just a smoothness and balance to Mild 7 for me. Maybe it has to do with the fact that im in japan or maybe im in japan b/c of the Mild 7s... who knows. but I used to smoke these back home in the states too. they just costed me double sometimes triple of wat i pay here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back