Good cigarettes?
Jul 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 113

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd like to know what your opinions are on good cigarettes. I speak only of easily attainable cigarettes though (like at CVS, 7-Eleven, Walgreens, etc). When I say good I mean not harsh and decent tasting.

Please do not post about not smoking. I am well aware of the health problems associated with smoking.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 113
Camel shorts yummy.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 113
ive heard good stuff about the nat sherman classics. botique tho... can u really get them at chain stores?

I just picked up a pack of marlboro reds... not bad, but is the stuff recommended here better?

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #5 of 113
Oh man, I try not to get into them very often, but I love the Nat Sherman Naturals. Almost as good as a nice cigar. Dunhill also makes good ones and I've enjoyed some of the Export A smokes from Canada.

Besides those, look at some of the Romeo y Julieta minis from Havana. I'm not sure if those are technically cigarettes, but I can't help but pick some up when I'm out of the country. They're wonderful.

Yeah, I know about the health risks, but nicotene is one of the few legal buzzes available. It's no problem to drive a car or operate power tools under the influence, either.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 113
MacGearty was the best, sadly they are no longer available.
frown.gif

Pall Mall is okay.

Switch to pipes and cigars if you really want exquisite flavors, though.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #7 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up a pack of marlboro reds... not bad, but is the stuff recommended here better?

American Spirits are better then reds. i liked the yellow pack (lites) but AS seem more powerful then other cigarettes. a pack of lite AS to me are like Marlboro reds in taste. they last longer and seem to be more filling then the reds. they smell somewhat better then the reds and AS has some really weird blends you can pick up at gas stations..like they have a organic blend. when i smoke a AS i don't seem to crave another smoke for hours compared to a Marlboro also..maybe its just me.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #8 of 113
Cigarettes.. my picks (what I've smoked regularly):

Camel Menthol Lights - what I smoke currently. Nice menthol, not too harsh or nasty
Camel Turkish Royals - pretty rich and smooth, somewhat "sweet"
Camel Turkish Gold - what I started smoking on.. sweet and very light. I like the smell of this one especially.
Marlboro 27's - the heaviest of all the cigarettes I've enjoyed. I can't really explain these well.
Marlboro 72's (short green or blue menthol) - smoked these in high school a lot.. they were pretty harsh and my lungs probably hated these the most. Small filter and short in general, I liked the size of these.

I've smoked a bunch of other brands on and off (Parliament Lights, Marlboro Reds, Marlboro Menthol Lights, Marlboro Milds, Newports, Camel "Exotics" i.e. Izmir Stinger's, etc. to name a few) but the ones listed above were my regular choices.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #9 of 113
I've been desiring some 'exotic' tobacco smoking experimentation for a little while now, -whilst I'm still a smoker- but the cost is high-simply mega expensive to indulge in the 'hobby' in the UK!

The bit of online market research I did into cigars, as I'm pretty much green to that world, whilst fascinating, was ultimately a no go on cost alone! Talking small fortunes for worthwhile batches/quantities and/or sampler packs of cubans! I'd love to get into serious cigar smoking but I simply could not afford to, long term, meh, it would set me back tremendously to get one batch in, on those prices so that put me off even getting a few in/starting what I couldn't explore much further. I'm sure much of these high prices were inflated to their levels by the excise tax on tobacco here in the UK...

I then looked into some luxury cigarettes and/or hand-rolling tobaccos- I smoke Golden Virginia as my regular brand- and, whilst more relative, per pack/pouch, in price to what I'm used to paying to smoke on a regular basis here, in the UK, the fact you had to order specific high quantities mandatory as a minimum order, the excessive shipping charges and/or the risk of customs duty and/or seizure put me off these also. Seems like being in the UK is a bitch to be a smoker altogether!
wink.gif
. Despite this, I have a bit more money now and this thread has reignited my desire to try some new smokes out! Anybody know any decent online merchants for tobacco produce?

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 113
Kamel Red Lights is all I smoked when I was in the states.
If you can find them, sometimes in liquor stores, export A, from Canada.
All I smoke in Japan is Lucky Strikes.
Wish I could stop though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #12 of 113
Given the stores you mention you're probably looking for a menthol smoke, something like Kool or More.

But if you can find any of the American Spirit varieties, they are quite nice and don't have any gasoline in them.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #15 of 113
Total Laryngectomy 35's. Or Dunhill, like H.S.Thompson used to. I smoke Malboro Lights, because they tend to move quickly and usually taste fresh because of this. Dry cigarettes are evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back