Good cigarettes?
Jul 7, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #32 of 113
2 years and 3 months off the cig... i miss my camels, Camel filter, 2 packs a day, and then one day, bought a pack of R1 ultra lights, smoked 3 ciggarettes, and never picked up a cigg again, atleast not a tabaco filled one
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #33 of 113
I want to try some Nat Shermans, but I went to CVS, Walgreens, 7-Eleven and a Shell gas station, and none of these places had even heard of them let alone stock them. What the heck? Where am I supposed to get them? I don't want to order some $60 carton online or anything like that. I want to just locally buy a pack of them.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #35 of 113
Nat Sherman Hint of Mint is awesome. So are Djarum Blacks, and especially Djarum supers. Such a light, sweet taste.

Most local cigar shops carry Nat Sherman, as well as Djarum and other higher-end brands.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #36 of 113
Anbody know any online cigarette retailers that offer expedited/express shipping as I'd like some quality, different smokes for my week in Spain next week for the Benicassim festival? Alternatively, as I'll obviously be in Spain, any quality spanish cigarette and/or tobacco brands I could get over there that anyone's aware of?

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #37 of 113
Got some Nat Sherman Classics at a smoke shop! Damn they are expensive though, almost $10 a pack! I may or may not try one today, I smoked two yesterday and I am not keen on overdoing things. They smell heavenly though.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #38 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UK cigarettes, w/ the notable exception of Rothman's, taste like crap & smell worse.

And that is exactly what I think of American cigarettes. I don't mind American cigs but they make my throat sore after only a pack or two. How can you like Rothmans and not Dunhill? The two are quite similar.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #39 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anbody know any online cigarette retailers that offer expedited/express shipping as I'd like some quality, different smokes for my week in Spain next week for the Benicassim festival? Alternatively, as I'll obviously be in Spain, any quality spanish cigarette and/or tobacco brands I could get over there that anyone's aware of?

Try roll your own maybe and buy some Drum tobacco. Roll them very thin to make it last.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #40 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by gunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that is exactly what I think of American cigarettes. I don't mind American cigs but they make my throat sore after only a pack or two. How can you like Rothmans and not Dunhill? The two are quite similar.

I smoked Dunhill years ago, 25 years maybe (I'm 55) so don't really remember their taste. Haven't noticed a pack in my local stores for ages...but I'll look em up if they are similar to Rothmans.

When I was 18-20, I smoked B&H/Dunhill/JPS, but then I found Pall Mall, imported from the US (used to travel down the West End every few days to buy, lol) & from then on, American all the way: they simply taste (& smell - my non-smoking wife strongly agrees) so much better, to me
smily_headphones1.gif
But they have to be made in the US, EU-made US brands are just not as good (I currently smoke Luckies, but much prefer the US-made ones if I can get em. They taste like they should. Same with US Camels. American Spirit is good, but only the hand rolling tobacco is imported - the factorymades are from the EU. Tsk....).

My brother smokes Lambert & Butler. Now there is one godawful cigarette. I'd rather smoke dried ratdung...

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #41 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nat Sherman Hint of Mint is awesome. So are Djarum Blacks, and especially Djarum supers. Such a light, sweet taste.

Most local cigar shops carry Nat Sherman, as well as Djarum and other higher-end brands.

I like the Nat Sherman Natural Mint. Most don't want to try them because they think they'll taste like menthol, but it almost taste like a candy mint. If you lick your lips, it will taste sweet. A lot of people are pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Just read the pamphlet inside saying they are renaming all their "mint" products to "menthol" due to new FDA regulation. FDA believes the mint name will attract children. Nat Sherman use natural mint crystals in the filters vs a synthetic menthol that is mixed in the tobacco.

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #43 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: Just read the pamphlet inside saying they are renaming all their "mint" products to "menthol" due to new FDA regulation. FDA believes the mint name will attract children. Nat Sherman use natural mint crystals in the filters vs a synthetic menthol that is mixed in the tobacco.

Hmm then how are you supposed to differentiate between the real menthols and the mints?

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #44 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm then how are you supposed to differentiate between the real menthols and the mints?

They say menthol is derived from natural mint and they chose to call their products mint because they didn't synthesize it. So technically they are menthol cigarettes. They were forced to make the name change. The cigarettes themselves will not have any changes made to them.

Look, their website all lists them as menthol.

Nat Sherman

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #45 of 113
Newport Lights -> Salem Lights -> Dunhill Lights. I dabbled in cigars and pipe smoking. I prefer the smell of a cigar to smoking it and the pipe was tied. One day I threw my pack out the window and never looked back. Damn happy I did considering current prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back