Good cans for Vocal Trance. Need Bass
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #61 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I more or less agree with you about the possibility of being overpowering in the bass department for rock, but dark? Dark is the last term I would use to describe them, considering there's plenty of people who find them to have piercing or sibilant highs.

Their piercing high are mostly noticable when it come from poor quality recording. I would'n describe them as being always sibiliant.That being said, i think that globally they do sound a bit dark as bass is prominant over other Freq. Its not bad at all ... But that's why i feel them that way IMO.Or maybe its the result of switching often between HFI's and PRO !!
tongue.gif

Tynody: Like i said , if they're use with good quality music,very low comp.mp3, lossless , vinyl , you dont have to worry about sharp high.

Apr 17, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #62 of 93
The majority of my MP3s range from 192 to 320 br so i guess that's considered low quality. I also stream a lot of music from di.fm
I just don't have the space for 50mb flacs.

Which have better sound quality: Ultrasone HFI780 or PRO750?
With the PRO750, couldn't i just equalize the highs to a bit lower to remove that shrill your talking about? The pads on the HFI780 are pleather? I don't want sweaty ears lol. Can i replace them? Cords are going to need replacing. Can i replace them cheap myself, or do they need specific items i cant get myself or too hard for me.

Ultrasone keeps bringing me back because the S-logic seems like it will give me airy and the nice bass i want. The HFI780 also look like plastic with painted silver. They don't look as good as the Pro750 in my opinion, but that's not a huge issue.

A friend of mine has some HD555's and i was curious about how i should use them as a reference point for other cans. He says he only has about 10 hours or so burn in on them, so maybe i should tell him to burn them in while he sleeps before i listen to them for the first time. I'm excited for bursting my Sennheiser "bubble", if you will.

I'm sorry for all these questions, i just HAVE to be informed on what im paying for.
Thanks again guys for all the support and information. Your really helping a lot. The collaboration of opinions will give me a better understanding of a the different headphones out there.

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #63 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by tynody /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pads on the HFI780 are pleather? I don't want sweaty ears lol. Can i replace them?

For that matter there seem to be a descent alternative here on Ultrasone forum.Check it out......

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/q...12/index2.html

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #64 of 93
The HFI-780 look alot better in person and i have done that same mod to my earpads. i found out he was ordering the Beyer 250 (if i remember correct) ear pads before they came and the day he sent me pics which was before he posted in that thread and I ordered them immediately. I love them

Apr 17, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #65 of 93
Quote:

The majority of my MP3s range from 192 to 320 br so i guess that's considered low quality. I also stream a lot of music from di.fm
I just don't have the space for 50mb flacs.

With the PRO750, couldn't i just equalize the highs to a bit lower to remove that shrill your talking about? The pads on the HFI780 are pleather? I don't want sweaty ears lol. Can i replace them? Cords are going to need replacing. Can i replace them cheap myself, or do they need specific items i cant get myself or too hard for me.

Ultrasone keeps bringing me back because the S-logic seems like it will give me airy and the nice bass i want. The HFI780 also look like plastic with painted silver. They don't look as good as the Pro750 in my opinion, but that's not a huge issue.

A friend of mine has some HD555's and i was curious about how i should use them as a reference point for other cans. He says he only has about 10 hours or so burn in on them, so maybe i should tell him to burn them in while he sleeps before i listen to them for the first time. I'm excited for bursting my Sennheiser "bubble", if you will.

I'm sorry for all these questions, i just HAVE to be informed on what im paying for.
Thanks again guys for all the support and information. Your really helping a lot. The collaboration of opinions will give me a better understanding of a the different headphones out there.

Hello fellow DI addict!! I've always got my headphones pumping to DI.
L3000.gif
I'm on the boards there quite a lot too.

Apr 17, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #66 of 93
Quote:

The majority of my MP3s range from 192 to 320 br so i guess that's considered low quality.

No no no, 192-320 is quite good quality, especially if they're LAME-encoded.

With the PRO750, couldn't i just equalize the highs to a bit lower to remove that shrill your talking about?
Quote:

The pads on the HFI780 are pleather? I don't want sweaty ears lol. Can i replace them?

Yup, beyerdynamic velour pads can replace them as seen above.

Quote:

Cords are going to need replacing. Can i replace them cheap myself, or do they need specific items i cant get myself or too hard for me.

You can recable them yourself if you know what you're doing, and they don't need a recable they're just known to improve greatly with one.

Quote:

Ultrasone keeps bringing me back because the S-logic seems like it will give me airy and the nice bass i want.

S-Logic = Marketing.
You'll get nice bass out of either the 750 or 780, I don't know about airy... airy and closed headphones just don't mix.

I ask again, what sort of budget were you looking at to get a sound card/new source?

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #68 of 93
Well at $200 the ASUS Xonar Essence STX is supposed to be mega-value. Cheaper alternatives would be buying something like one of the lower end Xonar cards or an X-Fi Prelude used, around $100ish these would run.

Apr 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #69 of 93
I've been suscribing to DI.FM for years and but recently haven't listened. I just checked today, damn, it's now 256 streaming instead of 192. Will listen and see if it's better.

Listened a bit, it's still just streaming audio. Still not close to my own collection, but it is awesome as I do not really collect Vocal Trance, so it's awesome in that sense.

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #70 of 93
Yeah sadly i don't subscribe but i really cant tell the difference between streaming and my collection with my setup currently. Yes its that bad lol. Over 8 year old Logitech 5.1 speakers and onboard sound.

I may just try out of of those cards. I really need it :p

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #71 of 93
I listen to the music you like - and usually for a few hours a day...I can highly recommend the Audio Technica M50s. They need burn-in, and they sound fabulous once they get going. The bass is feel-able, which is great.

For IEMs, the Senn IE8s deliver trance in an unbelievably powerful way for IEMs.

For something cheap/back-up, the senn PX100 are loads of fun.

Apr 19, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #72 of 93
IEM's never really interested me, and that custom mold thing would scare the heck out of me just squirting gunk in my ear :p

So i'm gonna to have to go to the guitar center about an hour away from my house which will be fun but i never get the whole day to myself ><
Hopefully this week ill test out models and write down my opinion and come back to look for a set of cans here on headfi. Do they always have ALL models there or is their display limited. I'm really interested in hearing Ultrasone and Beyer's differant cans.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #74 of 93
So whats the difference between the Ultrasone PRO 750 and the PROline? Are they not the same thing? The ultrasone website only shows the PRO 750 so im guessing PROline is the line of their PRO products. Maybe im wrong :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back