Gonna buy my first CIEM's soon, need help
Mar 1, 2014 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nissen1502

New Head-Fier
I'm planning to buy the Custom Art Music One soon and i have no idea on how CIEM's work or anything like that.
My questions are:
1. How do i make impressions?
2. Do i need a dac/amp? Gonna use them with my phone which is an android
3. Do custom art have worldwide shipping?
4. How much will it approximately cost in total with impressions, Custom Art Music One and shipping to norway?

Thats about it, thanks for all contributions!

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 9
I think it will be faster that you go approach the owner of CustomArt. He has an account here, so response will be fast. In fact you can just send him a PM.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 9
If you are in the states, you could consider reshelling one of your current BA IEMs into custom - That way if you find you hate customs, you won't be out too much $$. Inearz charges $95 (plus some ancillary charges)

Of course if you don't have a suitable IEM in your collection, my advice is useless..

Just an idea. 

Make sure you get good impressions - many of the major CIEM companies list Audiologists by location - not a bad way to find one close to you who is familiar with the type of impression required for Customs.

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 9
I'm planning to buy the Custom Art Music One soon and i have no idea on how CIEM's work or anything like that.
My questions are:
1. How do i make impressions?
2. Do i need a dac/amp? Gonna use them with my phone which is an android
3. Do custom art have worldwide shipping?
4. How much will it approximately cost in total with impressions, Custom Art Music One and shipping to norway?

Thats about it, thanks for all contributions!

Ad. 1 You go to the audiologist who makes ear impressions for CIEMs - usually almost all of them provide such service but there are exceptions (and do remember to follow CIEM manufacturer's instruction how the impressions should be made).
Ad. 2 You don't need a powerful amp to drive most of the CIEMs, in particular the ones having just one driver. But whether your phone will pair nicely with your purchased CIEM it depends what phone do you have and what sound do you expect. There are a lot of possibilities, FiiO X5 or iBasso DX90 coming soon, FiiO X3, iBasso DX50 or more high-end DAPs such as HiFiMan hm-901, Sony ZX1, iRiver Astell&Kern 120 etc.
Ad. 3 Yes.
Ad. 4 Total cost = cost of making ear impressions in Norway (I don't have any idea what the cost is) + cost of sending the impressions to Poland (I don't have any idea what the cost is) + cost of Music One (as far as I remember the starting cost is EUR 189 - here you will have standard colors and non-detachable cable) + cost of sending the CIEMs to Norway (I don't know whether the info on the Order Form are up to date but it seems that the cost may vary from approx. EUR 10 up to approx. EUR 40).

Should you have any more questions I also reccomend that you contact with Peter (piotrus-g) via PM. He is very responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back