Goldring DR150 first impressions
Apr 16, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #181 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by daashford0404
I was actually quite bummed when the mailman drove right by house only stopping to leave letters. I had built the day around the arrival of the mail. A family event occupied the middle of the day(post delivery) then my night was free for a prolonged listening session.

Yah.. tell me about the waiting for the package to arrive.. absolute PAIN!!!

hopefully it comes tomorrow.. when I'm home...

to those that are still considering, just buy..... dun worry about your wallet.. this is after all head-fi..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #182 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Nobody got a happy little package from Great Britain today?

Oh dear.. hope you dun get offended, but my 7-year old daughter took one look at your K340 and commented straightaway that the earcups look like a door knob... LOL...
k1000smile.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #183 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalidor
Oh dear.. hope you dun get offended, but my 7-year old daughter took one look at your K340 and commented straightaway that the earcups look like a door knob... LOL...
k1000smile.gif

LOL! They do kind of look like a doorknob. And when i'm wearing them and you open the door with the knob, there's nobody home.

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #184 of 240
Quote:

LOL! They do kind of look like a doorknob. And when i'm wearing them and you open the door with the knob, there's nobody home.

Hahahahaaaa... thats funny.. by the way.. whats a purple heart that you mentioned earlier and what business are you in that you have pieces of wood around the place?? just curious...
eggosmile.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:55 PM Post #185 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalidor
Hahahahaaaa... thats funny.. by the way.. whats a purple heart that you mentioned earlier and what business are you in that you have pieces of wood around the place?? just curious...
eggosmile.gif

I'm a Carpenter/Craftsman/Cabinet Maker/Furniture Builder/Woodworker. Say that fast 3 times! Purple Heart is a wood that comes from Central and South America. It's brown when you cut it, but oxidises to a beautiful purple color in a short time. If you run it through a planer the chips will usually go from brown to a very bright purple in about 15 minutes. If you want to see a better contrast look at my thread "Stand for Jecklin Floats" in the DIY Discussions section.

Apr 16, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #186 of 240
Quote:

I'm a Carpenter/Craftsman/Cabinet Maker/Furniture Builder/Woodworker. Say that fast 3 times! Purple Heart is a wood that comes from Central and South America. It's brown when you cut it, but oxidises to a beautiful purple color in a short time. If you run it through a planer the chips will usually go from brown to a very bright purple in about 15 minutes. If you want to see a better contrast look at my thread "Stand for Jecklin Floats" in the DIY Discussions section.

Cool... looks like today will be the start of the week when the DR150 invasion begins... YEAH!!!!

Apr 17, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #188 of 240
After resolving my CC issues, I mailed Mantra back. They were supposed to bill me yesterday, but no e-mail, no charge yet. I'll give them a break for another day or two.. they seem like a tiny retailer that's been swamped.

By the way, I couldn't help noticing that most of the folks on the DR150 waiting list have less than 1000 posts. The vets are probably sitting high in their collective ivory tower, enjoying their Orpheus systems and a vintage bottle of red, reading over this thread, and laughing "Ha ha ha! Foolish children!"

[size=xx-small]kidding, of course
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Apr 17, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #189 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by boss
By the way, I couldn't help noticing that most of the folks on the DR150 waiting list have less than 1000 posts. The vets are probably sitting high in their collective ivory tower, enjoying their Orpheus systems and a vintage bottle of red, reading over this thread, and laughing "Ha ha ha! Foolish children!"

[size=xx-small]kidding, of course
biggrin.gif
[/size]

CHOKE, GASP, COUGH! Crap! I just spilled my Rothschild bordeaux all over my smoking jacket! Oh great, I got some on my Orpheus too! Oh No, not the persian rug too!
orphsmile.gif

Apr 17, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #191 of 240
can i get a picture of someone wearing em?

and are they circumaural, meaning do they go around yer ears, putting pressure on yer head, not pressing yer ears lyk portapros and grados

Apr 17, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #193 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
can i get a picture of someone wearing em?

and are they circumaural, meaning do they go around yer ears, putting pressure on yer head, not pressing yer ears lyk portapros and grados

I tried but the flash in the mirror made the pic useless. They are circumaural.

Apr 17, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #195 of 240
I cant say what amp sounds the best with the DR150s but I can tell you what amps I have. I currently have a RockHopper Pimeta and just ordered a HeadFive. Between those 2 I should find a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back