Goldpoint Headphone Pro
Jul 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #46 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Single ended: The Goldpoint is more detailed, has better high extension, better bass extension and is "faster". The RPX-100 is fuller and warmer, but less refined.
Single ended I prefer the Goldpoint in general, but it depends on the combination. The DX1000 I prefer plugged into the Goldpoint, the GS1000 I prefer with the RPX-100.
There is never a simple answer, because there is always personal preference and synergy....

Hi there, could it be that since the Goldpoint is more extended it is a better match w/ the DX1000 which has IMO an slight rolled off top end? Under the same toke the Grado cans tend to have an energetic treble which would make the RPX-100 a better match due to its warmer presentation?

Just speculating, thanks.

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #48 of 357
they have a homepage you will find by googling goldpoint headphone pro as well. Can get emailadresses from there too.

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #49 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, could it be that since the Goldpoint is more extended it is a better match w/ the DX1000 which has IMO an slight rolled off top end? Under the same toke the Grado cans tend to have an energetic treble which would make the RPX-100 a better match due to its warmer presentation?

Just speculating, thanks.

Not quite that straightforward. It has also to do with better control of the bass irt the midrange with the DX1000. The lower midrange of the RPX-100 sounds a bit "thick" which doesn't become the DX1000.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #51 of 357
Any news??
normal_smile .gif
normal_smile .gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #52 of 357
Recently I got a mail from Arn saying:
Quote:

I bet you will have a hard time finding anything you like
listening to more than this one! FET input this time. Clear,
detailed highs - and robust, fully formed, accurate bass.
A really completely pleasant listening experience - and
worth much more than I will be asking at this time, in my opinion.

The new PC boards (third and final re-design) will be ordered in
a day or two, will be here in two weeks and be built up about
one week after that.

smile.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #53 of 357
Got a similar email from Arn more than a week ago. Felt excited.

Looks like I am very likely the owner of the first "revised" Headphone Pro. But I did ask Arn to take his time - as I want ultimate reliability and stability from him. We started talking about the Headphone Pro back in February this year, so a couple more weeks will be absolutely fine with me :wink:

F. Lo

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #56 of 357
I understand Arn from Goldpoint pulled the listing sometime ago. I am pretty sure he will relist the Headphone Pro once the production batch comes in and works fine. The only thing that I am not sure is whether he wants to up the price considering the improvements of the new version over the original one - based on what he said.

F. Lo

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #59 of 357
Great, my wallet is dead! I just noticed that being 12V ac it could be powered by my Little Pinkie PSU I use with the Musical Fidelity X-Can V2. The Little Pinkie is a 30VA at up to 2.5 amp linear PSU, wonder if it would improve the sound of the Goldpoint further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back