GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Jan 31, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #92 of 560
So if this headphone arrives with a 4.4 balanced cable, what can I do with that? Can I use another cable? Will the Arya cable work with these?
I would think so if they use 3.5 mm as the Zeus do. My Zeus isn’t Hifiman but it takes that Amazon linked Hifiman 3.5 compatible cable great.

You can always do free returns for cables easily enough too, if something isn’t working.

Jan 31, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #93 of 560
I would think so if they use 3.5 mm as the Zeus do. My Zeus isn’t Hifiman but it takes that Amazon linked Hifiman 3.5 compatible cable great.

You can always do free returns for cables easily enough too, if something isn’t working.
Cool. My GL2000s are supposed to arrive tomorrow and the day after the tomorrow. I actually have 2 dates. I have balanced cable for my Arya and for my Denon 7200s. I will try them if and when the GL2000s arrive and report back my findings.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #94 of 560
Mine arrived today. I'm using the same balance cable I purchased for my Arya. Works just fine. Let me get to it.
5BF04D5C-44F7-44CE-991F-8B2D1FF61804.jpeg

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #95 of 560
I have to say that I’m impressed with them. They literally on par with my TH900’s, which is absolutely insane to think. I think the Fostex has an edge on bass a bit, but the GL2000 makes it up with a bit more open soundstage and some impressive imaging. Without EQ, I didn’t like their sound much, but they respond really well to EQ, and after some tweaks, they sound great.

I haven’t even fully burned them in yet. I think I might keep these!

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #97 of 560
Mine arrived today. I'm using the same balance cable I purchased for my Arya. Works just fine. Let me get to it.
How would you personally compare these to the Arya? If you could keep these or Arya (price aside).. which pair would you choose and why?

If you could answer these, I would sincerely appreciate it!
-Currently own an Arya and considering trying these.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #98 of 560
How would you personally compare these to the Arya? If you could keep these or Arya (price aside).. which pair would you choose and why?

If you could answer these, I would sincerely appreciate it!
-Currently own an Arya and considering trying these.
Preliminary thoughts: The GL2000 is a very nice headphone. A bit warmer than the Arya, but still has that sparkle at the top that I like. I think the Arya has better more defined, tighter bass, and is still a bit more refined. But I need more time with the GL2000. If I had to keep one it would be the Arya. I like the sound quality both produce, and I like the philosophy of the CEO of HiFiman when it comes to the right sound and fidelity.

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #99 of 560
Preliminary thoughts: The GL2000 is a very nice headphone. A bit warmer than the Arya, but still has that sparkle at the top that I like. I think the Arya has better more defined, tighter bass, and is still a bit more refined. But I need more time with the GL2000. If I had to keep one it would be the Arya. I like the sound quality both produce, and I like the philosophy of the CEO of HiFiman when it comes to the right sound and fidelity.

Sweet! Thank you for the initial impressions. I'd love to hear any other specific comparison details you'd care to share after you feel you've spent enough time with them.

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #100 of 560
Seems like it'll depend and whether you enjoy HfM's tuning or prefer a warmer / darker signature :)

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #101 of 560
Seems like it'll depend and whether you enjoy HfM's tuning or prefer a warmer / darker signature :)
Better is mostly subjective. But they are good enough to be compared directly to a headphone that costs a lot more. Let's face it, I could buy 2 pair of GL2000s and an Amp DAC combo like the O2/SDAC for the price of just the Arya.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #102 of 560
Better is mostly subjective. But they are good enough to be compared directly to a headphone that costs a lot more. Let's face it, I could buy 2 pair of GL2000s and an Amp DAC combo like the O2/SDAC for the price of just the Arya.
Agreed, I am very curios about this headphone as well, and if finances allowed would snag a pair myself right away

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #103 of 560

The kicker is that I actually love both types of sound signatures.. I love my Arya.. but I also own an Ether Flow 1.1 (open) and an MDR-Z1R which both have a darker sound signature than the Arya. I also love the Audeze house sound so it's just so hard to choose sometimes because I enjoy such a wide variety of sound presentations.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #105 of 560
I can't stop picking them up. Been using them for the past week and haven't even touched my Fostex TH900's.

The ultimate test of these things is coming soon though. I bought some Dekoni pads for the TH900 with attenuator rings and I'm going to be comparing the elite fenestrated sheepskin (which supposedly opens up the TH900 soundstage more) and the elite hybrid to see how they compare with the GL2000 (currently using the hybrid D shaped pads on them).

I'm seriously impressed with these headphones. Even if I go back to my TH900's, I think I'm still going to keep these just because of how they impressed me. Plus they look pretty nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back