GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Jan 30, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #76 of 560
How long after placing the order on Linsoul did you all receive shipping notifications? It’s been a couple of days for me and nothing yet.

Placed order on the 10th.
Shipped and notified : on the 26th.
DHL Express shipping is fast once yours is in the cue.

IF you contact Linsoul via their Webpage they will respond.

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #77 of 560
How long after placing the order on Linsoul did you all receive shipping notifications? It’s been a couple of days for me and nothing yet.

Order placed Jan 9th via their website
received Jan 29th

they are leaving for Chinese new year soon so it might take a while - email them and ask, or join their Discord server to talk to them live

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #78 of 560
Mini Review - 1-28-2021

Received the Linsoul GL2000 Gold Planar's today.

So, here now... i though i'd give the prospective buyer and the eager anticipator, just a few hopefully clear ideas regarding how i hear them, today.

First let me say that Linsoul told me on 1-12 that i'd have them "at the end of the month".
And that is exactly what transpired.
They shipped them to me, in just 2 days, DHL from China, at the end of the month.
So, Bravo, Linsoul. You fulfilled your commitment to me, perfectly.

Ok,

Let me get to the sound in a bit, and im going to be brief, as this Thread is going to explode in the next 2 months, = owners of the GL2000 will be here providing their rant and their conclusions, so, i'll keep mine to the point and brief, as i'm fortunately one of the first to receive the gear.

--------

First of all, the shipping box is a good one, and the Supplied Hardshell Case is a really good one.
Its from that same family of design that houses the ZMFs and the Rosson's, and the Audeze.

The Headphone Gear itself is a simple design, its the color of an Apple Macbook Pro combines with Black and a hint of Gold.
The Headstrap is wide, decently comfortable, and the clamping force is light.
2 Sets of Leather pads are provided, quite comfy.... and shortly i'll discuss what they provide regarding the change in Sound.

The Cable is great....no jank, its glossy black, braded and plastic coated, and a perfect length.

The weight of the Headphones is comfortable. Not unltra-light, but certainly not Audeze similar.

The size of the headphones is smaller then the Arya and the shape/design reminds you, somewhat, of a Hifiman Gear.

There are familar "clicks" that reset the adjustment of each Headphone, and everything feels solid and of a quality that will last.

You have a "L" and "R" in white stencil found on the headband, inside, right below the Leather.

Initial Overall Quality Perception is of a much more expensive Gear.

-------

I listened the the GL's using both sets of Pads.
Music included.. Kandace Springs.... Keren Ann.... Azam Ali..... Sierra Hull..
If you are not familar with those artists.... Kandance does "Blue Note Soul" that sounds like the '70s and well produced. Keren Ann does "French Pop" that is contemporary and always very well recorded. Azam Ali does sort of a Middle Eastern Dub + Ambient + Vocals. Sierra Hull does Contemporary Mandolin and Acoustic Guitar Bluegrass . So, this is some of the music i used, as what i do is hit all the genre's, so that i can tell if the Headphones can deal with this, and also, by playing a lot of genres, you find out a lot about the Timbre and Tonality and Dynamics of your gear.

Ok, How do the GL2000 sound? What is their sound.....

Well, the Soundstage is quite wide yet the sound does not lose intimacy. So that's rare, as usually when the sound gets wide, the music seems to become distant.
Not so in this case, as some obvious attention has been paid to engineer the GL's sound so that you feel very connected to the instruments, the vocals, and the textural layering, of it all.
Vocals presented on the GL's are very good.
The presentation of the GL's overall sound is articulate and smooth. There is no sense of dry, dark planar- tone, found inside the GL's sonic presentation.
These lean toward a slightly Airy presentation that has an Analog feel.

Because there is such nice instrument separation, complex music never feels congested or sounds veiled.
There is a lot of resolution dieled into the GL's but their sound designer was alway careful to maintain their warm midrange as the lead toneality, so, they balanced the detail retrieval with the mids so that you hear a really pure tonality, very lifelike, very real sounding, this is also detailed.

Basswise, there is plenty, and its warm and textured, and nicely kept out of the midrange. The midrange is apparently going to be the calling card of this Brand, as the HDZeus has a certain type of midrange, that is very good, and the GL2000 builds on this = "Planar style"..., and keeps it just as wide, but sprinkles in a Planar's clarity and ability to seek deeper into the inner levels of texture and detail.

The GL's Treble, is never offensive, yet not rolled off. ITs not a spiky treble, and its not a round treble. My ears say that its doing what the best treble does, and that is offer realism that resides as : sounding very natural.

So what do we have here?
We have a fine set of Planar's that dont commit the usual offenses that most Planar's commit. They sound in fact, rather analog and anti-sharp , which means they are in that "Natural" sound-camp regarding their overall sonics.
They are not a flat or a neutral sound, they are a slightly airy, somewhat lush, detailed, and natural sound.

If you previously owned the Ananda or the Arya or the typical set of expensive Planars that bite your ears with their upper mid + treble Glare, then you might try these, as that's not a part of the GL's sound.
If you have an issue with low mids that consume too much of the overall sound, (bloat).... then, again, these avoid that flaw.

My ears found the GL's to be quite natural sounding, revealing, and never offensive regarding any frequency.
The GL's offer a very balanced sound, very natural.
They are not lean tonally, and they are not sharp, tonally.

You have a choice of the standard all Leather or a set of perforated with leather, pads.
If you choose the perforated, you have very slightly rounded the dynamics of the GL's, and created their sound to be a bit more airy, and with a bit more soundstage.
Should you stay with the factory setting, the all Leather, then you up the warmth, you dial in a touch more dynamics, and you supply your ears with just the slightest lift regarding the treble.

Do the GL's compete with $1600+ headphones?
Easily. So, ZEOS was correct.
Hifiman would charge you a lot more then that, had they created these headphones, imho.
Ditto, Audeze.... imho.
Thing is tho, neither of those companies understand how to tune a Planar Driver so that it can sound like these do.
Perhaps they can, but they seemingly prefer the etched upper range or the thick dark overall sound, instead.

The GL's Sound is certainly completely different from those 2 sounds.
Its a very enjoyable sound that does not rattle your teeth with low end, tho it's ample, and it does not slice your hearing with over sharpened analytics, tho its quite detailed.
This Gear has its own sound, so, the best way to approach it is not to listen to any headphones the day its supposed to arrive.
I prefer hearing them in SE mode vs balanced.
Just let them show you what they can do, without you Brain having been already tuned into any type of sonic perception bias, beforehand.
-
-

DSCF0090.JPG
-
DSCF0091.JPG
-
DSCF0093.JPG
-
DSCF0095.JPG
Thanks for the review. Did you receive single ended cord only or was their a balanced cord included as well?

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #80 of 560

It might get delayed due to the Chinese new year and the long queue, but in my case, it was 2 days waiting, 2 days after printing the shipping label and 3 days delivery so a total of 1 week. :)

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #81 of 560
I had a great experience with Linsoul, they shipped when promised and DHL got my package to me from the other side of the world in about 4 days. Pretty unbelievable really...the headphones are very interesting, they'll be getting a lot of head time in the coming days.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #83 of 560
All i received with the Headphones is the Balanced cable.

So, what im doing is using the HDZeus's SE adapter that came with it to convert the GL's cable.

That's exactly what I'm doing as well

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #84 of 560
10 days for me from the 17th.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #85 of 560
Probably gonna have to shop for an adapter or get one with 4pin balance plug. Why they went with 4.4 is beyond me....
Would something like this work?
7CC87667-4CA6-499F-9A6A-D43B2907CCD0.jpeg

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #86 of 560
Probably gonna have to shop for an adapter or get one with 4pin balance plug. Why they went with 4.4 is beyond me....
Would something like this work?

I bought this one for my Zeus.

Sounds good to me. Durable. Good price. I’m planning to use them for the GL2k as well.

EDIT: I have a Monolith THX DAC/Amp by the way. So this is connected to a balanced output.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #87 of 560
I bought this one for my Zeus.

Sounds good to me. Durable. Good price. I’m planning to use them for the GL2k as well.

EDIT: I have a Monolith THX DAC/Amp by the way. So this is connected to a balanced output.
Link isn’t working. If I was going to build one myself will these work and is there any weird wire connection anomalies that I should be aware of?
image.jpg

Jan 31, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #90 of 560

Users who are viewing this thread

Back