GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Feb 12, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #166 of 560
Woohoo! Mine got delivered this morning, no extra import charges (I paid £480 for them on Aliexpress), DHL just dropped it off. So that's exactly a week since I ordered! Unfortunately I have a super busy work day today so won't be able to really listen to them until later in the day / over the weekend. Will test them out and report back.
That's absolutely fantastic news, can't wait to hear your initial thoughts and impressions, especially regarding the ability of the Kann being able to drive these headphones 👍

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #167 of 560
Ok I couldn't wait. After about an hour and a half of listening, my initial impressions are very positive. The Kann Alpha is perfectly capable of driving these. I switched to high gain and anywhere from 60-80 is comfortably loud depending on the track, with 80-90 standing next to speaker loud if you want to crank things up to 11. These headphones have amazing clarity, even pushed really loud from the Kann Alpha there is zero distortion or loss in quality - should be really fun to experiment with some real head-bangers and get that clarity at high volume.

The only other initial reaction I have is that these are heavy. They're very well built and right from the unboxing everything feels high quality and well put together. They're very comfortable once you get the headband adjusted to the right fit, but you are aware of them.

Anyway, need to get back to work. Will listen more over the weekend and give a more detailed review.

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #168 of 560
Ok I couldn't wait. After about an hour and a half of listening, my initial impressions are very positive. The Kann Alpha is perfectly capable of driving these. I switched to high gain and anywhere from 60-80 is comfortably loud depending on the track, with 80-90 standing next to speaker loud if you want to crank things up to 11. These headphones have amazing clarity, even pushed really loud from the Kann Alpha there is zero distortion or loss in quality - should be really fun to experiment with some real head-bangers and get that clarity at high volume.

The only other initial reaction I have is that these are heavy. They're very well built and right from the unboxing everything feels high quality and well put together. They're very comfortable once you get the headband adjusted to the right fit, but you are aware of them.

Anyway, need to get back to work. Will listen more over the weekend and give a more detailed review.
Wonderful, I must admit that if that was me I wouldn't be able to wait lol!

But it's good to know that it only took a week for them to arrive (even with delay in Leipzig) and they can be easily driven by the Kann Alpha. I now need yo get my crap together and see when I can order these 🤣

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #169 of 560
Linsoul is definitely trying to meet the demand...

Apparently lots of people listened to Z-s review and others that were posted on this Forum.
Im glad they did, as this is a very good gear.
I find that with the open pads, the all Leather, the sound has more body and slightly more impact.
When i use the "ear shaped" pads, i notice that the sound becomes more diffused and more airy.

A.) Its all good.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #170 of 560
Feb 15, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #172 of 560
Got these today. I'm loving them.

The hype is real. The most immediate things I can notice are the incredible separation, clarity, and ability to handle increased bass levels.

They really are a good Gear.
Imaging, detail retrieval, the overall clarity...

Reader, If you hated the Clear's edginess, but were looking for that type of clarity., then the GL2000s might hit the sweet spot.
The open pads give mine a touch more punch and slightly more bottom end and widen the SS.

enjoy your new gear :)

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #173 of 560
Normally I'm one to point to frequency response and prefer something near reference, but this is one of the few times where other measurements like soundstage, imaging, separation, etc are needed to fully appreciate what these are.

Measured FR is "weird" on these, but it doesn't matter to me, it works. They are stellar. EQ monsters.

Feb 16, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #174 of 560
Normally I'm one to point to frequency response and prefer something near reference, but this is one of the few times where other measurements like soundstage, imaging, separation, etc are needed to fully appreciate what these are.

Measured FR is "weird" on these, but it doesn't matter to me, it works. They are stellar. EQ monsters.

bhazard,

Many headphone buyers don't realize that a chart is not really representing how a set of headphones sit on an actual head.
And in the case of the GL2000, it does "chart" as 5kHz obo etched, on a chart, but when you hear it, that same actually sonically translates not as annoying glare, but as amazing clarity, as you've noted correctly.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #175 of 560
The GL2000 Double Magnet will be my first new set of headphones since I bought a pair of Beats Studios back in 2009(Don't Laugh!). I purchased them through AliExpress, and they said I should have them by the 4th of March.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #179 of 560
Hey Diesel24,

The GLs are all about clarity.
Soundstage is impressive.
You'll get 2 sets of Pads, and a balanced cable....so, if you prefer SE listening, you'll need to get a cable, or a conversion extension.

Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it! I'm going to be running them through a 789 amp, do you think they will work together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back