Going to Hong-Kong - Need advice
Oct 14, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #76 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been away from head-fi for a few years and recently became active. It's great to see so many members from Hong Kong.

Welcome back!
biggrin.gif

You left about the same time as I joined, in early 2004.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #79 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by FkcLo
May be we should have a new thread to take a roll call of head-fiers in Hong Kong. Then we can determine if a mini-meet is too big a dream

Good idea - by my rough count a mini-meet certainly seems doable. Count me in!

Cheers,
Garry

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #81 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good idea - by my rough count a mini-meet certainly seems doable. Count me in!

Cheers,
Garry

that sounds like fun. i'm in

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #82 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question to HK head-fiers, is the new ATH ESW9 available in HK yet, and if so at what price? Thanks in advance.

i went to mingo's couple days ago but i don't remember seeing anything new from AT

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #83 of 119
Count me in! Do any of you have the Darkvoice 322?

Oct 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #86 of 119
Planning a trip to Guangzhou and Hong Kong for June 2008. When things get finalized, I guarantee I'll be asking more questions. How are the prices of XRCDs (mainly local artists) in Hong Kong? If prices are good, I might just hold off ordering them and just go nuts when I'm in HK.

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #87 of 119
XRCDs will cost from HK$138 - 178 in general, but it can be more expensive for special brand names - like FIM XRCDs, can go up to HK$198 - 228, again depending on the titles. So, there is no "norm" as such but it is more related to the artists, album, and brands.

F. Lo

Oct 28, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #88 of 119
I'm a noob to all these.. but I go to HK now and then to visit my cousin. Wonder if anyone's nice enough to compile like all these findings so it could be easier for us foreigners haha

I myself am from Singapore..any place that sells a wide range of audio cables in HK? would it be quite abit cheaper than Singapore? hmmm..
Anywhere to find audiphile cds too?

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #89 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XRCDs will cost from HK$138 - 178 in general, but it can be more expensive for special brand names - like FIM XRCDs, can go up to HK$198 - 228, again depending on the titles. So, there is no "norm" as such but it is more related to the artists, album, and brands.

F. Lo

Thanks fkclo. I guess the prices are about 20% better than what I pay here. I'm looking for some Theresa Tang XRCDs and maybe some Tsai Chin.

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #90 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by JZImages /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks fkclo. I guess the prices are about 20% better than what I pay here. I'm looking for some Theresa Tang XRCDs and maybe some Tsai Chin.

For Theresa Tang, I would recommend you try the LPCD45 versions produced by Hugo. The LPCD45 is in face a Direct Cut CD (similar to a CD-R) which many have vowed to offer exceptional audiophile qualities. There were two volumes issued earlier this year, covering the most popular of Theresa's songs.

For Tsai Chin, there are quite a few choices in both XRCD, SACD, and LPCD45.

If you are a big spender, you can also bargain for some 5 - 8% discount off the listed price in some local shops if you purchase over, say US$500-800worth of CDs. I do not shop for CD often. Typically I buy CD around twice a month, and usually spend over US$600 in one single purchase and get some discounts.

Kind regards,
F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back