Going on a long car trip soon: NEED GOOD PORTABLES!
Sep 16, 2005 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
In a few weeks i am going on a long car trip down the bottom of my country and i need a good pair of portable headphones! I dont have access to many types but i can get the SportaPro, KSC-50 and a couple of others.

I do not like earbuds as they never have enough bass and in-the-ear earphones are just too annoying...

I like bass but not too much bass and it MUST be at least a little boomy, around the same amount as the TDK MP100 and a little less than the Logitech Playgear Mod.

I no-longer care about looks but wouldnt want to pay too much...

The last, and perhaps, most important thing is they MUST be able to fit a smaller head and be re-sizeable....

Hopefully i will get a good pair this time around!

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy
I like bass but not too much bass and it MUST be boomy, around the same amount as the TDK MP100 or a little less than the Logitech Playgear Mod.

Boomy
confused.gif
Well, you can try Sony MDR-V6. Plenty of bass (a bit boomy as you wanted), well isolated, fits small heads very well.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
Boomy
confused.gif
Well, you can try Sony MDR-V6. Plenty of bass (a bit boomy as you wanted), well isolated, fits small heads very well.

but is it really portable? It looks pretty big to me...

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
Boomy
confused.gif

MDRV6 gets my vote too... You want boomy.. you got it

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

but is it really portable? It looks pretty big to me...

Define portable?... youre not going to be able to go jogging with it. But for your car trip its plenty portable IMHO.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
MDRV6 gets my vote too... You want boomy.. you got it

its also slightly (AHEM) expensive... I dont want to pay too much as i dont have too much
smily_headphones1.gif
no more than... lets say... around $70US

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Define portable?... youre not going to be able to go jogging with it. But for your car trip its plenty portable IMHO.

Yeah i guess it is... But i want headphones that i will be able to use NOT ONLY for the car trip but also for a good pair of portables that i can ploop in my pocket and take away with me to listen... I dont want to buy a pair JUST for the car trip but for the car trip and more...

Are the Sportapro's good? (Not a good-for-the-price coz i would be paying more for them as i cant get them anywhere cheaper...)

Sep 16, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #8 of 24
I LOVE my futuresonics Em3's with the small foamies.. They sound better than my 595's. And no one can hear what you are listening to.

Sep 16, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinneresque
I LOVE my futuresonics Em3's with the small foamies.. They sound better than my 595's. And no one can hear what you are listening to.

I'm sure you do lol... Hows the comfort on them? they lok terribly uncomfortable...

So.. Should i get the Sportapro's or the KSC-50's then?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyjjy777
Go for one of the Koss 60 ohm(ksc 35/75 would be my pick). Very cheap and portable with great sound thats heavy on the bass.

But i cant get them anywhere... The only ones i can get are the KSC 50... they have the same drivers as the 35 and 75.... but are they as good? or should i get the sportapros?

Decisions, decisions...

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #14 of 24
lol now now, we still havent said EX51's. they are pretty comfy with the right size plugs, and the bass is extremely boomy. awesome for rap and music of the like.

Kramer- whats the differentce between the EX51 and the MDR V6?

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

its also slightly (AHEM) expensive... I dont want to pay too much as i dont have too much
smily_headphones1.gif
no more than... lets say... around $70US

It costs LESS than $70 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back