Going on a long car trip soon: NEED GOOD PORTABLES!
Sep 16, 2005 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
lol now now, we still havent said EX51's. they are pretty comfy with the right size plugs, and the bass is extremely boomy. awesome for rap and music of the like.

Kramer- whats the differentce between the EX51 and the MDR V6?

I thought fraseyboy said, in-the-ear earphones are annoying!
tongue.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
lol now now, we still havent said EX51's. they are pretty comfy with the right size plugs, and the bass is extremely boomy. awesome for rap and music of the like.

Kramer- whats the differentce between the EX51 and the MDR V6?

you can get the V6 for as low as ~$60 on ebay. Even less used, so it certainly fits under yout $70 window. The EX51 and 71 are around $25.

Sonically theres no comparison, the V6 destroys them in just about every way, and is comparable in terms of isolation too. The EX51/71 dont really isolate that much IMHO and they tend to isolate lower frequencies more so than midrange and treble noise.

the sony EX phones have no mids, piercing treble and muddy bass compared to the V6. Both are pretty bass-heavy, but the V6 bass is much less conjested by comparison.

IMHO the KSC75 is better all around than the sony EX51 unless you need isolation... then if thats your criteria then the e2c beats them both.
Garrett

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 24
i've heard the sennheiser px100's and like them. have that full sound you're looking for that's just fun. the cans are open, and very portable (they fold).

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk
you should buy the koss porta pros. there good and portable

Yeah i was leaning towards the Sportapros as the KSC-75's are nowhere to be found
frown.gif

The V6's are around $250NZD!!!!! which is $171USD.

The KSC-50's are $80NZD ($54USD)

and the Sportapros are the cheapest, at around $50NZD ($34USD)

I will probably get the Sportapros but i dont want to make another bung buy so i have a few questions about them.

1. Is the band which goes around the back of the head adjustable? I have allready bought a pair of around-the-head headphones and they didnt fit me...

2. Is the bass REALLY boomy? If anyone has ever tryed the TDK MP100's (There good) thats about how much boomyness i am looking for, maybe a little more.

Sorry im shooting down all your ideas LOL

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #21 of 24
I listen in a car all the time.

No good unless you have noise isolation (not noise cancelling) like the Etymotics. Anything else is a waste of money for a car, unless it is super quiet and going at low speeds.

ER 6i model can be had for $81 total and are the most accurate for less than $150. Need a good clean portable source like the iRiver IMP CD players - otherwise you might hear shrillness from your source.

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
I listen in a car all the time.

No good unless you have noise isolation (not noise cancelling) like the Etymotics. Anything else is a waste of money for a car, unless it is super quiet and going at low speeds.

ER 6i model can be had for $81 total and are the most accurate for less than $150. Need a good clean portable source like the iRiver IMP CD players - otherwise you might hear shrillness from your source.

i allready got some noise isolation in-ear headphones (Panasonic RP-HJE50) but i dont like the in-ear thing much as i got loads of earwax
etysmile.gif
although it was usfull when mowing the lawn
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy
Yeah i was leaning towards the Sportapros as the KSC-75's are nowhere to be found
frown.gif

The V6's are around $250NZD!!!!! which is $171USD.

The KSC-50's are $80NZD ($54USD)

and the Sportapros are the cheapest, at around $50NZD ($34USD)

I will probably get the Sportapros but i dont want to make another bung buy so i have a few questions about them.

1. Is the band which goes around the back of the head adjustable? I have allready bought a pair of around-the-head headphones and they didnt fit me...

2. Is the bass REALLY boomy? If anyone has ever tryed the TDK MP100's (There good) thats about how much boomyness i am looking for, maybe a little more.

Sorry im shooting down all your ideas LOL

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
$170 for an MDRV6!!! I dont blame you really, I certainly wouldnt pay that much for them. $54 for a KSC50 is too much as well IMHO.

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
$170 for an MDRV6!!! I dont blame you really, I certainly wouldnt pay that much for them. $54 for a KSC50 is too much as well IMHO.

Yeah. It sucks being in new zealand
frown.gif

I could get them from an american store that ships worldwide but then the price would probably end up being the same or more as the shipping would be HEAPS!!!!

Edit: I just emailed one of my relatives, who, i just relised is in America and asked her to buy the KSC-75's and i would pay her back when she comes back. Hopefully she will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back