Goign for my first awesome speakers and amp setup for pc need suggestions
Nov 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #31 of 77
Hey guys after much thought and talk with my fiancee, I wont be able to the emotiva mini amp anymore.  so will the lepai amp be ok for the bs41 or the bs21?  which speaker will work better with that amp?

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #32 of 77
BOOM... Denied as the hammer falls... (Just Kidding!)

I know the WAF (wife approval factor) can be a biggie, if you absolutely dying for some sound I'd match the Lepai up with the BS21's...
What I'd recomend you do is wait and stash a little away till you can get the better speakers and amp, you'll be happier in the long run with the better sound and performance IMHO.

Good Luck on the journey and lets us know how you make out! 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #33 of 77
Either will be fine with that amp. Undoubtedly, the Emotiva is better. But maybe you an use the Lepai for a year or so, then upgrade. 

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #34 of 77
Lepai is cheaply built, but should sound good, and should be about the same with either speaker. I prefer the amp/usb dac combos because the sound coming out of most computers is bad, but for the price you can't beat it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #35 of 77
Quote:
Lepai is cheaply built, but should sound good . . .

+1

I used to own one (bought it out of curiosity) but gave it away to a friend who need it. The Lepai with those speakers the OP is considering will definitely sound better than any desktop multimedia speakers for the same price. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #38 of 77
Well for $45 shipped, I bought a pair too. I'll use them with a sub upstairs in place of the much larger and pricier Infinity Betas, and will be able to do a comparison with the bigger bs41s in my office.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #39 of 77
Quote:
Well for $45 shipped, I bought a pair too. I'll use them with a sub upstairs in place of the much larger and pricier Infinity Betas, and will be able to do a comparison with the bigger bs41s in my office.

Infinity Betas, I do like my Beta 40s, 20s and C360.

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #40 of 77
The weirdest thing happened to my bank card and my order got canceled. I doubled checked my bank if i had money and i did. The Amp is on the way but now i may have to go with the bs41 lol. Dam banks making me spend more money.

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #41 of 77
Bastiches! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #43 of 77
Quote:
I suspect bs41 is a lot better without a sub. 

I'm confused. Why would it be better without a sub? The BS41 doesn't have the low end range of a set of tower speakers, so they could benefit from the extra bass extension. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #44 of 77
I didn't say the bs41s were better than the tower version, I said that I suspect they are a lot better than the bs 21s without a sub because they are significantly larger and go significantly lower. There are certain fundamental frequencies that are common in music, and other frequencies that are less common or inaudible. Cello and string bass sound very good on the 41s. Will they sound right on the 21s?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #45 of 77
Quote:
I didn't say the bs41s were better than the tower version, I said that I suspect they are a lot better than the bs 21s without a sub because they are significantly larger and go significantly lower. 

Yeah. I didn't get that. Sorry. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back