GoGroove AudiOhm Ergonomic Earbuds
Apr 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tuanh714

New Head-Fier
So... I've been searching through Head Fi for some reviews regarding these earbuds, and I found none. Decided to make an impromptu review of my own, no pictures so sorry.

You can find them on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZKG10K/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_g23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=16YNYGQQVRWPFYC6KTXT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

First off, these have pretty high reviews, about 60% 5 stars, so I just decided to buy it for the hell of it... They're only about $15 USD.

First Impression:
Build quality seems quite sturdy. Apparently constructed from alloy, so the housing looks quite well-made. The wire is ok, not great or not bad either. Rubberized coating, slightly on the thin side, but holding up well so far.

Sound:
At first, I connected these to my Sansa Clip and wow, the bass were extremely muddy even after burn-in. I then fiddled around and realized that if I touched the equalizer on my Sansa, it tends to do this. I reset to factory settings and the sound significantly got better. Bass was still slightly boomy, but tightened up and was more "punchier." Clarity on these headphones is above average, but not outstanding. The treble isn't harsh either. Vocals are also above average. They don't have that "airy" feeling like with other earphones around the $30 price level, but then again thats twice as much as these. I feel like these are slightly bass-heavy headphones so they bleed into the mids a little... Otherwise, these are pretty great for just $15 earphones. Well constructed, good sound quality, has 1 year warranty, I mean what can you ask for?

Certainly seems better than JVC Air Cusions, Skullcandy's (definitely...). On par with MEElec's M6/M9's imo.

First review, no great audiophile lingo used so I apologize.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Thanks for this review, I was wondering if this model was worthy. From your review I understand that this is another "ok" earbud. I will look for the Monoprice 9927 at 6,81$ instead.

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Has anyone tried the Gogroove AudioOHM WD? They look pretty high end for $25, but they only ship in the USA.
Neither amazon (link) or Ebay (link) ships to the Netherlands.
Came across these when I was looking for earphone tips, and they looked quite like the Xears products.
I wondered if they would sound the same too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back