God I hate this place
Jan 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #31 of 55
Yeah ... I'd go for the Wii as well, I'm afraid. Listening to music in higher fidelity is great, but it's only an extension of the pleasure I get from listening to music at lower fidelity. Wii is an altogether additional pleasure, even if it only has one really fantastic title so far. (Zelda, natch.)

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I beg to differ. Wii Sports is the best party game ever!

Well, Sports is certainly fun, as visitors to my home of various ages will testify, but when it comes to hours of continuous gaming you're going to need something with a lot more depth than that.

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #34 of 55
I'd get the Wii too, those consoles are absolutey amazing!!! Can't understand why anyone would want a PS3 either at those prices and the complete lack of any decent games.

Sony shot themselves in the foot this time, Nintendo is the clear winner of the 3 consoles. It's also the only true 'next-gen' console. It's doing something totally original whereas the others are just essentially graphics overhauls, big deal. High def? Who cares. The Wii is pure fun which is what games are supposed to be right?

Wish I had a Wii.
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #35 of 55
Ah man. I am not really an "audiophile" of sorts right now but I can understand that dilemma. I have played the wii and I can say that i believe it is the most fun I have had on a console for quite a while so that is what I would spring for but if you need the headphones then get those.

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, so ahead of you...refused Xbox 360 for Beyer DT990.
Then again, I don't have an HDTV, Halo 3 won't come out 'til end of 2007 at the least, and Wii here is even more outta stock than PS3...
I'll stick to buying up the "platinum hits" bin for the old Xbox and pwning n00bs on Xbox Live for now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seems somebody hasn't played Gears of War yet....
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #38 of 55
Road trip to vegas and put it all on black 35. That will leave you with $8750 dollars. Then you can get the wii and even better headphones than what you were looking at.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by delorean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd get the Wii too, those consoles are absolutey amazing!!! Can't understand why anyone would want a PS3 either at those prices and the complete lack of any decent games.

Sony shot themselves in the foot this time, Nintendo is the clear winner of the 3 consoles. It's also the only true 'next-gen' console. It's doing something totally original whereas the others are just essentially graphics overhauls, big deal. High def? Who cares. The Wii is pure fun which is what games are supposed to be right?

Wish I had a Wii.
frown.gif

Cause some of the Wii games look like PS1 games.. Check out the Far cry & new SC game for the Wii.. I know graphics shouldn't matter but they do.. Having a next gen controller is only part of the equation.. The Wii puts graphics & audio on the back burner.. Still no 5.1.. 30.00 DVD players support 5.1.. & stil no online games for the Wii.. COD & Madden 07 should be playable online... The first online enabled game will be Pokemon battles
confused.gif
250.00 for last gen hardware & new controller isn't worth it to me..

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a wii. Headphones are overrated. I was going to get a GS-1 as a B-day present to myself (along with some HD-650s), but now I think I'll get a PS3 instead
evil_smiley.gif

*jumps on a Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R and vanishes*

How are headphones overrated.. They are vasty underrated.. Most people feel a cheap HTIB is better then a good set of cans.. I used too, until this forum set me straight..

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #41 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the wii, it'll impress more girls
hey ladies...how'd you like to come over to my place and play with my wii?

You kid'n me! what about "hey girl would you like to come over to me and listen to my sennheiser's"
eggosmile.gif

Which woman wouldn't fall for that!

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #43 of 55
Wii's if they are easy to get where you are.
I know it's hard to get where I live... and I've been making profit of the ones I find. MUHAUHAUHA.

But seriously, I would say a Wii if you have some headphones.
And Wii graphics are not PS1 graphics or do any of the games look even close to it. You have yet to see Excite Truck. And half the games on the Wii are imported from GC, thus the graphics are not at their limit or even close to it. If you think it's not worth $250, then I'd like your opinion on the PS3... $700? lol...

Anywho, whatever you think is worth the $250, spend it.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaztastic116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, your wii will probably need a pair of gaming headphones...

If you wanna get your cable tangled up while waving the Wii remote... lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back