god i hate battlefield 3
Feb 14, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #46 of 345
/facepalm 
confused.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #50 of 345
I don't doubt you may be the single best MAV player in the entire world.

But that is pretty much like winning this competition:

EDITwait this one might be mroe appropriate:

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #52 of 345

Quote:
1k MAV kills, and you think I spend my time effectively?-> you're quite dim.
I don't understand how it warrants a facepalm either, it's a hefty score for a MAV.

you do realise what you do with an MAV right?
You spot out people, and sit back.

Now that you've used it for god knows how many hours, you go around running people over with it.

Its not impressive, its just sad.
At least that's what I think, sorry to say.

In some way though, you help your team in spotting out (hopefully) the opponents. other than that, you're not taking out tanks, your not actually effectively killing people, not reviving, not resupplying, not repairing, not taking the objectives be it flag or crates -> thus why I find it sad.
The pro camper.

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #53 of 345
Joined a game last night, and it pretty much summed it up:

1st spawn, on a team-mate and get spawn killed by a grenade.
2nd spawn, i get into the f-18, as I'm taking off another jet spawns meaning i suicide
3rd spawn, i spawn on an objective, see a person at "long range", get my L96 out and start shooting, none of the shots register (yes I'm taking into account bullet drop) -> i finally die after a while taking 3 objectives in a row by a tank
4th spawn, I get the engineer class, which i have the scar on (no i don't have even 300kills on it yet), I shoot a full round (aiming towards the head) at close range at a sniper, yet he kills me, with no headshot with his 443 pistol.

This type of things wouldn't happen in BC2 / BF2142 / BF1943 / BC1 -> what have EA been doing...
I used to not be able to get away from BF, now I can't wait till another game comes out to play it, as I have no FPS to play atm.
I even ended up reverting back to Halo reach...

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #54 of 345
Reading this thread is just like listening to kids arguing on xbox live.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #55 of 345
=P
I'm an avid player of BF3, but I will only play if my mates are online... it IS meant to be a team/squad game... and I find most of the time people go out and try to Rambo/MW3 the objectives... makes me face palm and rage quit
angry_face.gif

That being said.. the biggest complaint I have, is with the lack of support from DICE and EA to support their product... many times players have been unable to play after updates because punkbuster wasn't updated along with it, causing servers to kick/ban players due to 'modified' code. Example of this would be with the very recent 15th Feb PC update 
frown.gif

PS: We should form a head-fi platoon! :p

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #56 of 345
'God we're getting wrecked...But the explosions sound awesome.'

Quote:
=P
I'm an avid player of BF3, but I will only play if my mates are online... it IS meant to be a team/squad game... and I find most of the time people go out and try to Rambo/MW3 the objectives... makes me face palm and rage quit
angry_face.gif

That being said.. the biggest complaint I have, is with the lack of support from DICE and EA to support their product... many times players have been unable to play after updates because punkbuster wasn't updated along with it, causing servers to kick/ban players due to 'modified' code. Example of this would be with the very recent 15th Feb PC update 
frown.gif

PS: We should form a head-fi platoon! :p

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #59 of 345

Quote:
Joined a game last night, and it pretty much summed it up:

1st spawn, on a team-mate and get spawn killed by a grenade.
2nd spawn, i get into the f-18, as I'm taking off another jet spawns meaning i suicide
3rd spawn, i spawn on an objective, see a person at "long range", get my L96 out and start shooting, none of the shots register (yes I'm taking into account bullet drop) -> i finally die after a while taking 3 objectives in a row by a tank
4th spawn, I get the engineer class, which i have the scar on (no i don't have even 300kills on it yet), I shoot a full round (aiming towards the head) at close range at a sniper, yet he kills me, with no headshot with his 443 pistol.

This type of things wouldn't happen in BC2 / BF2142 / BF1943 / BC1 -> what have EA been doing...
I used to not be able to get away from BF, now I can't wait till another game comes out to play it, as I have no FPS to play atm.
I even ended up reverting back to Halo reach...

I can't help but feel that for reliability of hit registration BC2 was better.  Maybe bf3 is just too much for servers to handle with any reliability.  That game would be near perfect if they just patched the damn chopper minigun but now bf3 is out i don't think we will see any more patches...

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #60 of 345

Quote:
Reading this thread is just like listening to kids arguing on xbox live.

Reading this comment reminds me of certain types of people...

Quote:
I can't help but feel that for reliability of hit registration BC2 was better.  Maybe bf3 is just too much for servers to handle with any reliability.  That game would be near perfect if they just patched the damn chopper minigun but now bf3 is out i don't think we will see any more patches...

True

Users who are viewing this thread

Back