G'n'R and Metallica: Triple.Fi or SE530?
Apr 30, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #16 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Helloes!
I will purchase one of those two IEMs, and I've read enough comparations thread to know that one is better for a kind of music and vice versa... Since I listen to lots of different kinds, I still can't decide!
So, I'm making a water-drop here: Which one will sound better with Metallica and Guns N' Roses? I decided to ask this because these are the bands I most listen to, and if one IEM is not good with one of these bands, I'm not happy.

If you vote on the poll, please post here why you made your choice!
smily_headphones1.gif

Flavio, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I do think there is another point to consider. How old are you? (this question does not have to answered publicly - it's more of a make-you-think-about-it type of question.) You mention that you listen to music by Guns N' Roses and Metalica now. But, keep in mind that your musical tastes may very well (and probably will) change as you age - I know mine did, quite dramatically. I was a rocker to my core. Until I heard my first real jazz record. Now I listen mainly to jazz, though I still love rock and even enjoy classical enough to have apretty good collection. And I'll bet many others out there can say the same. So my point is, do you want to tie yourself to a set of IEMs that handle that one particular type of music well or look for a good all-rounder that can grow with you? You're about to spend a fairly decent amount on these, and with proper care either should last you a long, long time. If during your ownership you do find that your musical tastes expand, wouldn't you want your IEMs to be able to expand with you; to continue to offer full enjoyment on whatever you listen to?

I'm not attempting to talk you into one or the other since I doubt you'll go wrong with either. I just want you to take as much as possible into consideration before making what for you will be a major purchase.

Oh, and I did vote.

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #17 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flavio, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I do think there is another point to consider. How old are you? (this question does not have to answered publicly - it's more of a make-you-think-about-it type of question.) You mention that you listen to music by Guns N' Roses and Metalica now. But, keep in mind that your musical tastes may very well (and probably will) change as you age - I know mine did, quite dramatically. I was a rocker to my core. Until I heard my first real jazz record. Now I listen mainly to jazz, though I still love rock and even enjoy classical enough to have apretty good collection. And I'll bet many others out there can say the same. So my point is, do you want to tie yourself to a set of IEMs that handle that one particular type of music well or look for a good all-rounder that can grow with you? You're about to spend a fairly decent amount on these, and with proper care either should last you a long, long time. If during your ownership you do find that your musical tastes expand, wouldn't you want your IEMs to be able to expand with you; to continue to offer full enjoyment on whatever you listen to?

I'm not attempting to talk you into one or the other since I doubt you'll go wrong with either. I just want you to take as much as possible into consideration before making what for you will be a major purchase.

Oh, and I did vote.

Thanks for your point.
I am currently 16, and I listen to these two bands since I was 5, and I never stopped liking it!
I know that my set must be good for every kind of music, I know I can change my music taste and everything. I did consider this, but I know that a $300~400 will sound good in any kind of music, maybe not exceptional, but still good to enjoy. I'm taking importance on every kind of music, but these two bands are the "water drop" as I said, what I meant is: if the 'phone I purchase will not sound good with G'n'r or Metallica, I won't be happy. It's just a final matter of choice, because I've read like 20 different comparision threads/reviews of these two phones. This is like a final question, understand?
Btw, I'm leaning to the Triple.Fis, since for every single person defending the SE530, there is like 5 or more defending Triple.Fi... and I do not think that's because SE530 owners are busy listening to music.. :p But I'm not currently decised, because I like guitars, but I do like drums as well, and I love highs but I love mids as well. And SE530 is currently cheaper, and confier. Even with that, I'm leaning to Triple.Fis because of the majority of people voting on them.

MCIII: The last part of your sign is kinda directed on me :p

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JMCIII: The last part of your sign is kinda directed on me :p

Ah yes, well, not at you directly.

Consider it more a lament that we all age. And hopefully wiser than we were. Also that we pass along our knowledge to younger generations so they don't make history repeat itself.

May 1, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #20 of 79
I listen to mostly metal (from 80's to current). I really like my Atrio m5's.

May 1, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #21 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and I did vote.

I listen to heavier metal than I did in my younger days, which is the opposite of your stereotypical response.

May 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #22 of 79
I recommend the TripleFI coz it will give you more satisfying listening pleasure with your type of music. Bass on SE530 is punchy but not defined compared to Triplefi that produce deep bass with weight and authority plus the crisp highs which is very engaging.

May 2, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #24 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryneyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered the SE530 and hope it is as good as you say!

Its ok just stay away with Triplefi and you will enjoy the sound of SE530 especially if you like to listen with audiophile voices tracks.

May 2, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #26 of 79
I wish I could try both of them before buying.. Neway I have started to get his feeling that Triple fi's better and justifies the high price and has that oomph factor..

May 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #27 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryneyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered the SE530 and hope it is as good as you say!

I seriously doubt you'll be disapponted in the sound of the E530s. Very even overall, and good on almost all types of music. Let us know what you think when they arrive (and break in).

May 2, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #28 of 79
I have both (and Ety ER4S)

I really gotta say, I prefer the SE530 for rock. I listen to mainly Alternative/indie but i have a vast rock collection also.

The mids on the Shures just seal the deal for me everytime. Mids on the triple.fi seem distant & un-natural in comparison. Electronic music on the other hand is hands down to the UEs.

If you would like any specific tracks or sections of music compared on the two please LMK & i'll try to compare them for you.

May 4, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #29 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both (and Ety ER4S)

I really gotta say, I prefer the SE530 for rock. I listen to mainly Alternative/indie but i have a vast rock collection also.

The mids on the Shures just seal the deal for me everytime. Mids on the triple.fi seem distant & un-natural in comparison. Electronic music on the other hand is hands down to the UEs.

If you would like any specific tracks or sections of music compared on the two please LMK & i'll try to compare them for you.

Man, I'd love to!.. I would like to compare Paradise City (Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction)'s intro (the Drum part and slash's solo) and Orion (Metallica - Master of Puppets) bass presence and base guitar.
I would like to know also how is Axl's vocal on both
Ty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back