Gluegun: Mission Impossible X
Dec 5, 2001 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 31
1. In shock
2. In beserker frenzy

What, you mean his ghost left his in-shock body behind to strangle all those V600 lovers?
evil_smiley.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 5, 2001 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 31
Hehe, who ya gonna call? V600-Busters!
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2001 at 10:15 PM Post #18 of 31
Saw it at Best Buy
Cost a hundred bucks
Listened and said "******!
It's a piece of crap!"

Piece of Crap!

Tried it on Discmen
Tried it on an amp
Stuck in a muddy camp
With a piece of crap!

Piece of Crap!

Piece of Crap!

BWHAHAHA!!! What do you think? And what song you think this one is based on?

Dec 5, 2001 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 31
Joe - I have heard headphones worse sounding then the V-600s - drastically worse, so I am not about to give them 1 star. Also, my review looks much more credible if I give them 2, and continue to compare em to other stuff. I basically said in my review the KSC-50s are bette,r and the HD600s are much better, and I descriobed why. But they do sound a lot better then anything that comes with the players themselves, so that and for credibility I gave em 2 stars. I did the same with the CD180s, and I will continue to do the same. Especially when I review a roduct that hasn't been reviewed before, it looks a hell of a lot more credible. Most people find my reviews helpful, too, so they are taking me seriously, unless it is just you guys rating them
wink.gif
. I thrash on them bad enough to let people know they are a bad deal, and give em 2 stars to show that I am not a XXX-basher, because many many people that bash stuff make things up and rate it 1 star.

I have only made a quick cursory listen to the V-600s at Circut City, and it was on some acoustic music which sounded quite bleh. I didn't like em at all and would place their value around $40.

Dec 6, 2001 at 8:58 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
How bad are these VCRAPs exactly? I listened to a V700 once at a Sony showfloor and they didn't sound all that bad. But I just listened for half a minute at music I didn't know

Especially shyte for the prices that authorized Sony resellers sell them for
eek.gif

Dec 6, 2001 at 10:13 PM Post #23 of 31
Not my friend, he still thinks his v600's are better than my HD580's.

I think they maybe not good enough for us, but they definitely good enough for the mass.

And face it, Sony cans are everywhere and look good indeed. For the mass, it may cost too much to do a research and comparison. Just like Bose, V600's do sound better than most cans you can find on Wal-Mart.

Dec 6, 2001 at 11:06 PM Post #24 of 31
Heheheh... I AGREE! Though I still think that they suck for the price, they still ARE a big step up from most of the el-cheapo headphones sold at mass-market discount places such as K-Mart!!!

Awww... CRAP!
eek.gif
I've had enough of this mass-market Sony bashing for a while!
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2001 at 1:33 AM Post #25 of 31
*shameless bump*

Xevion, your review (on Yahoo!) hasn't even showed up yet! What happened there was that like many other shopping sites that let you review a product, whatever you post on Yahoo! will take 5 to 7 days before it actually gets posted. Gyah. I hate waiting!
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2001 at 1:57 AM Post #26 of 31
Oh, I didn't write a Yahoo one, I shall copy my Amazon one over there now.

Quote:

Anyone else get tired of these v600 bashing threads?

Uh, no
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I could have sworn I did an Amazon review of them, but don't see it. Grrr.

Dec 8, 2001 at 6:04 AM Post #27 of 31
I've got a pair of headphones that sound worse than anything you've ever heard, and I'd challenge anyone to contest that...

Well, actually two pairs:
The Superex ST-Pro-B: Monsterly uncomfy closed headphones with bass that's so boomy it echoes

The RCA SuperMondoCrapophones: Neruda has heard these, their bass is nonexistant and the sound is tinny and the drivers must be like 1/4" across (pretty bad even for portable player headphones...)

Dec 8, 2001 at 6:11 AM Post #28 of 31
Eric - I dunno, the old Sennheiser earbuds SUCK, as do the gameboy earbuds, although they are better then the old senn buds, and I hear a pair of closed headphones from the 70s that hurt to listen to, they sounded like the Senn MX-4s but a lot worse even, which I didn't know was possible.

Dec 8, 2001 at 1:30 PM Post #29 of 31
eric343 and Xevion, you came up with good examples of such HORRID headphones!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

And I thought those V600's were terrible to my ears. I will have to re-think that opinion of mine... They (the mass-market Sonys) are mediocre at best.

And as someone here had once said:
"That's not a piece of crap... this is a piece of crap!" [referring to the first pair of headphones that I have ever bought, a $20 pair of big, closed Zeniths that had no highs, no lows (it must be BOSE!)]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back