Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120
Aug 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #301 of 312
  recently couldnt resist and bought myself a Chord hugo which is phenomenal but i must say although the hugo is better the glove holds its own.....i must admit i was and am surprised how good it is...i had the glove up for sale but took it off the market because i didnt want to part with it 

I think it's a good indicator just how great the Glove works is that the only equipment compared to it is the AK240 and the Hugo.  Since the AK240 costs $2500 and the Hugo is also $2500 plus the cost of the source, and the Glove is $600 (plus the cost of an AK100/120) it's a hell of a bargain.

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #302 of 312
I do agree it is a bargain if you already own a 100 or 120...i love the sound of both of those units but both are unpowered when used with serious over the ear headphones....the glove allows you to use high end headphones with ease

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #303 of 312
I bought a Glove Audio A1 second hand a couple of months ago, and it makes my AK100 sing with my IEMs =D better bass and dynamics.

While the balanced output is certainly more powerful than the single ended output, neither output gave justice to my HE-500 planars, which sounds flat and thin >_<

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #304 of 312
  I bought a Glove Audio A1 second hand a couple of months ago, and it makes my AK100 sing with my IEMs =D better bass and dynamics.

While the balanced output is certainly more powerful than the single ended output, neither output gave justice to my HE-500 planars, which sounds flat and thin >_<

I listen to my Glove with Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs balanced using a Moon Blue Dragon cable with a 2.5 mm TRRS plug.  It works very well.  As good as any portable device I've heard.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #305 of 312
  I listen to my Glove with Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs balanced using a Moon Blue Dragon cable with a 2.5 mm TRRS plug.  It works very well.  As good as any portable device I've heard.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it another shot, or wait until my Audeze LCD-2s arrive with a balanced cable =D

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #306 of 312

Hmm, maybe I'll give it another shot, or wait until my Audeze LCD-2s arrive with a balanced cable =D

I have an LCD2, pre Fazor.  I use a Moon Silver Dragon with it.  It's not balanced but it improved the SQ.  The early LCD2's suffered from a little graininess.  The Silver Dragon smoothed it out and extended the treble.  You can get it with a balanced 2.5mm termination.  I'm not trying to shill for Moon Audio as there are a lot of great cable makers out there.  I'm just familiar with Moon.  

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #307 of 312

I have an LCD2, pre Fazor.  I use a Moon Silver Dragon with it.  It's not balanced but it improved the SQ.  The early LCD2's suffered from a little graininess.  The Silver Dragon smoothed it out and extended the treble.  You can get it with a balanced 2.5mm termination.  I'm not trying to shill for Moon Audio as there are a lot of great cable makers out there.  I'm just familiar with Moon.  

Thanks for the tip! I bought a Black Dragon V2 cable second hand, but once I have enough funds, I'll try the Silver Dragon =)

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #308 of 312

Completely agree about the graininess of the early LCD's my 2's have it but with a toxic cables silver poison it improved that aspect greatly plus I think an amp with good quality refined power suits the LCD's much better and the glove is that especially in my experience running in balanced.

I detect no grain with them now with this combination and so am using them far more.

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #309 of 312
I just got in the mail a new (for me) TWag V3 8-Core MMCX cable with 2.5mm balanced plug and have been spending the evening with the setup (A1 + AK100) hooked up to my UM Pro50's - soundstage is expanded, highs are crisp bass is.... well, the bass is immense - rock solid. Damn, the balanced output on this baby is clean and powerful. 

One hell of a lot of fun....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back