Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120
Mar 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #257 of 312
yes very much so

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #258 of 312
Wondering how well the A1 will work with full size cans like LCD2, HE 560 or Oppo PM-1. Anyone?  thanks

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #259 of 312
I just sold my A1, but used it with my LCD2F while running it balanced. No issues at all, they run just as well as they do off other balanced portable amps/sources I've had.
I also tried it balanced with the HE4, the limitations of a portable device were more apparent here. Not really a fair statement though, since its a notoriously inefficient headphone.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #260 of 312
I just sold my A1, but used it with my LCD2F while running it balanced. No issues at all, they run just as well as they do off other balanced portable amps/sources I've had.
I also tried it balanced with the HE4, the limitations of a portable device were more apparent here. Not really a fair statement though, since its a notoriously inefficient headphone.

​thanks, just read a review of the A1 and Mike seemed to like the A1 with the LCD's.  I am trying to replace my desktop unit with something smaller.  And maybe downsize the quantity of my gear.  If the A1 is good enough for portable use and desktop use, then I guess it will be my main unit.  Your reply and the review I read just pushed me towards purchasing some balanced cables for my LCD2 thanks again

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #261 of 312
Wondering how well the A1 will work with full size cans like LCD2, HE 560 or Oppo PM-1. Anyone?  thanks

Actually, running balanced this is the best I have heard my LCD2's sound, better than when running balanced through my old RSA Blackbird SR71-B and I loved that amp!

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #262 of 312
Actually, running balanced this is the best I have heard my LCD2's sound, better than when running balanced through my old RSA Blackbird SR71-B and I loved that amp!

Awesome, I really like the A1, I am really glad it will be able to work to power my LCD2. and maybe a portable headphone.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #264 of 312
​thanks, just read a review of the A1 and Mike seemed to like the A1 with the LCD's.  I am trying to replace my desktop unit with something smaller.  And maybe downsize the quantity of my gear.  If the A1 is good enough for portable use and desktop use, then I guess it will be my main unit.  Your reply and the review I read just pushed me towards purchasing some balanced cables for my LCD2 thanks again

You will love it. Just have my LCD2F for two weeks and with a balanced cable on the A1 they sound amazing. I was really impressed how well they perform.

Cheers,
K

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #265 of 312
Anyone else having problems playing 24/192 flacs on their glove a1?

Hmmm,

Do you mind sending me the file you have issues with (will delete after testing) - or point me to a freely available demo track in that format that causes problems and I will try it on my A1....

Cheers,
K

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #266 of 312
interestingly I hear a bit more hiss listening through the balanced output than when I listen through the unbalanced...I am listening with Shure 846 ..would there be any reason for this discrepancy?

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #267 of 312
  interestingly I hear a bit more hiss listening through the balanced output than when I listen through the unbalanced...I am listening with Shure 846 ..would there be any reason for this discrepancy?

Mine is dead quiet on both balanced and unbalanced, except when playing 24/192 then I head static, poping noises.. Noises that I don't hear when I am only on the ak120 (newest firmware)

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #268 of 312

Hmm, just tried it with JVC HA-FX850 and UE900s that's the only two headphones I have a balanced cable for.

No increased hiss....that I could hear...

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #269 of 312

Hi!

Besides my LCD-2 I now also had the pleasure to listen to the HE560 with the A1 - stunning performance. While the LCD-2 benefits an awful lot from the balanced cable, the HE-560 didn't improve that dramatically. It's great already single ended. 

Am still very impressed about the A1 - it's just a perfect portable mean-machine.

Cheers,
K

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #270 of 312

Hi!

Besides my LCD-2 I now also had the pleasure to listen to the HE560 with the A1 - stunning performance. While the LCD-2 benefits an awful lot from the balanced cable, the HE-560 didn't improve that dramatically. It's great already single ended. 

Am still very impressed about the A1 - it's just a perfect portable mean-machine.

Cheers,
K

cool, I am waiting for my balanced cable for my LCD2 also waiting for centrance to get new stock of the a1 so I can exchange mine.  I usually use it with my Heir 8.A and it sounds very good. I am currently on the market for another headphone to compliment my LCD2..  Looking at the Ether or LCDx or HE560 .  Although when I listened to the 560 it sounded a little too bright for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back