Giveaway: Sennheiser HD700 and Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC/amp
Nov 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #16 of 140
Agreed with what's been said. It's a nice thing to do the give aways but always ''US only'' is starting to leave a bad taste in the mouth. There's members and visitors from so many countries. I wonder about Head-Fi's management view on this.

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 140
Yep - count me disappointed as well.

I've owned the Senn HD600 3 times, HD700 once, and currently evaluating an HD800 (and will probably buy it)

I've also written a few reviews featuring various Sennheisers - most of which have made the front page at Head-Fi.

Yet despite being one of their big supporters, almost every promotion offered by Sennheiser on this site is "US only".  Why not make it open to all - with the caveat that anyone outside the US needs to pay own freight and duty?

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 140
  For some reason, these contests don't work on Chrome or on my Chromebook. I really only use my Chromebook, and my PC isn't working well + I don't have access to another Windows computer. I'd love to enter this contest, is there any way to fix the issues with Chrome/Chromebooks?

Let us look into that.  Thanks for the heads up.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #19 of 140
  Yep - count me disappointed as well.

I've owned the Senn HD600 3 times, HD700 once, and currently evaluating an HD800 (and will probably buy it)

I've also written a few reviews featuring various Sennheisers - most of which have made the front page at Head-Fi.

Yet despite being one of their big supporters, almost every promotion offered by Sennheiser on this site is "US only".  Why not make it open to all - with the caveat that anyone outside the US needs to pay own freight and duty?

We wish giving stuff away is as easy as giving stuff away... There are a lot of legal matters to consider and to overcome for each country.  There are lawyers involved on each giveaway to ensure we are doing everything by the books.  I wish we could just hand pricey gear out to people.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 140
Hopefully I win this giveaway, but probably not... I never win any giveaways lol 

Anyways, If I win, this will be my first high end gear!! :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #21 of 140
  We wish giving stuff away is as easy as giving stuff away... There are a lot of legal matters to consider and to overcome for each country.  There are lawyers involved on each giveaway to ensure we are doing everything by the books.  I wish we could just hand pricey gear out to people.

Just want to be clear here - we appreciate everything that Head-Fi's sponsors do for the community here.  We also appreciate the opportunities that the manufacturers present us.

As someone who's involved in International Marketing, I can also understand the legal issues.

But also appreciate our point of view.  Sennheiser is a German company with a global audience.  Yet virtually every promotional opportunity they've made on this website targets the US only.  It just doesn't seem fair to a lot of us.

I also know Woo is a US company, and I guess most of your sales are in the US.  But you also have a massive global following as well.  I very nearly bought a WA6 a couple of years ago (ended up going LD MKIV because of budget - but still tempted to eventually replace the LD with a WA6 or WA7).

I'm just suggesting that the actual cost/legal issues around offering these sorts of promotional opportunities, and the goodwill associated with them, probably outweigh the negatives by making it a very closed offering.

Once again, I do applaud yourselves and Sennheiser for making the opportunity available though.  And wish you the best for it.

I'll leave it at that.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #23 of 140
  I hope this giveaway is organized better than the HDTracks & HD800 one. No one knows who won or even if the giveaway is over. Lots of people are worrying that its not a scam because of the lack of information.

Anyways, I hope someone gets the gear and is satisfied! please be me

Me too, the HD 800 and HD Tracks one was terrible, we didn't get to much feed back from Senn Hesier, but so long as they annouce the winners some time this month I'll be ok

Though nice job on SennHesier with their timing :3 right before the holidays hehe, I can respect em for that 

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #25 of 140
Imagine the outcry if a UK based Head-Fi sponsor announced a competition here that was only open to E.U. residents. A verbal Third World War would likely ensue.
Come on Woo Audio and Sennheiser, be fair to your non USA supporters and open up this competition to a global audience.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 140

Boooo, US only? No love for the great white north..... 
mad.gif

I would just like to add, this is 2014 and it is pure laziness ignorance on the part of the sponsor to not include at least Canada, Australia, and the UK. I have called out many US only contests only to receive an e-mail stating that it violates the contest laws of my country, which is not correct. If Zalman (yes, the now bankrupt Korean CPU cooler manufacturer) can do a worldwide, sure as heck Sennheiser can! And if it comes down to shipping, last time I checked neither Sennheiser nor Woo manufacture inside the US.....Anyway just my 2cent. Good luck citizens of the continental United States of America.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #28 of 140
How about somebody holding a competition that's not only open to Americans.

This. Let people pay for shipping outside 'Murica or whatever. Ridiculous rule as always.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #29 of 140
Why is it always US only? Its balls really

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #30 of 140
Can I fake an address? Just once :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back