Girlfriends
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #31 of 92
Quote:
Found the best girlfriend ever some years back. Really supportive, never nags, is open to stories about headphones from the '80s, and would like me to measure her cans.

Something similar to me but my ex said to me that I could spend as much as I want on things I want but I'd have to spend the equal value amount of things she likes for herself. So that would be my first HD800 for myself = Luis Vulton handbags for her so she can brag about it with her girlfriends. Thank goodness I ain't living in that life no more.

@MT: Just out of curiousity man and hoping it's not personal but just wondering how old you are, since you give off the impression (to me) that your quite young (like myself) but yet your able to afford all this madness of expensive gear.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #32 of 92
Quote:
I lie to The GF and reduce the price of all my audio gear by at least 1/2, if not more. It's the only way I could own any of it without her murdering me. ^^ Unfortunately, she doesn't have any expensive hobbies, so I can't use the old trick of saying 'Well, how much did you spend on X that you don't need? That's totally comparable to what I do!' Luckily for me, she doesn't have much of an eye for electronics, so it can be a long time before she actually notices a new piece of gear--and when she does, I can just say, 'Oh, that old thing? I've had that for forever.' 

I will say that I have slightly gotten her to understand this hobby by gifting her some decent listening gear over the years, all of which she really appreciates and uses frequently. My latest present to her were a pair of Audioengine A5+ speakers, which she loves to death. And when I do get new gear, she is usually interested in listening to it, and even has a couple 'test' tracks of her own that she likes to run through them. So, it's perhaps not quite an ideal situation, but it could certainly be worse! :-D

Sounds pretty alright to me!

My lovely wife likes music, likes the speaker rig, doesn't like things on her head or in her ears.  She's a musician, but doesn't really care about the difference between hi and low fi.  She is at least very understanding that I do care.  Pretty fair deal for me too.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #34 of 92
I don't talk about it much around the net as I like to keep fairly anonymous (only a few Head-fiers know my age. Heck, most of the guys I see at meets probably think I'm older). 

I'll shoot you a PM. :wink:

Quote:
@MT: Just out of curiousity man and hoping it's not personal but just wondering how old you are, since you give off the impression (to me) that your quite young (like myself) but yet your able to afford all this madness of expensive gear.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #35 of 92
I am currently single, but I have dated a few girls. First one was an internet GF. I was really into this MMO at the time, and the naive 14-year-old me thought it was a good idea. I gave her everything she ever wanted, no matter how much it hurt me. Found out later that she was cheating on me.

Second one I dated was the prettiest girl i have ever seen. I could not get her out of my head. I started to hang out with her and her friends (i just sat there while they would talk about fanfiction and manga of a certain homosexual variety. I did not care because I wanted to be with her. I finally asked her. She said yes, dumped me a week later. I then went to the DMV a few years later, she sat a few seats over from me. was the most awkward thing to happen to me.

Third girl was about 7 kinds of crazy. I dated her on a whim. we went out for about a month. She would rant non-stop about her previous boyfriends, change conversation topics, ask me extremely strange hypothetical questions, and followed me around like a puppy. I told her I was done, and she would still come up to me like it was nothing. I couldn't even tell if she remembered we broke up. I ended up avoiding her for 6 months. She finally left me alone (mostly) after that.

Fourth one was another internet GF, she was halfway normal, thought she was nice, yet a bit weird, then came the video chat... A beluga whale apparently owns a laptop. I can understand a woman who is bit heavy because it is harder than others to lose weight sometimes, but there is a limit. After that, she also became an extreme sexual deviant, which made me way more than uncomfortable. Luckily, one of her ex boyfriends wanted her back, so I let her go.

And now I am here, posting something quite personal on my first day on the Head-fi forums. SEE HOW MUCH I TRUST YOU GUYS?

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #36 of 92
Oh, and in case anyone hasn't noticed. This might be happening...courtesy of the thread title. :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644342/interest-check-sr-009-cavalli-liquid-lightning-w-jena-labs-xlr-cable

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #38 of 92
Quote:
I am currently single, but I have dated a few girls. First one was an internet GF. I was really into this MMO at the time, and the naive 14-year-old me thought it was a good idea. I gave her everything she ever wanted, no matter how much it hurt me. Found out later that she was cheating on me.

Second one I dated was the prettiest girl i have ever seen. I could not get her out of my head. I started to hang out with her and her friends (i just sat there while they would talk about fanfiction and manga of a certain homosexual variety. I did not care because I wanted to be with her. I finally asked her. She said yes, dumped me a week later. I then went to the DMV a few years later, she sat a few seats over from me. was the most awkward thing to happen to me.

Third girl was about 7 kinds of crazy. I dated her on a whim. we went out for about a month. She would rant non-stop about her previous boyfriends, change conversation topics, ask me extremely strange hypothetical questions, and followed me around like a puppy. I told her I was done, and she would still come up to me like it was nothing. I couldn't even tell if she remembered we broke up. I ended up avoiding her for 6 months. She finally left me alone (mostly) after that.

Fourth one was another internet GF, she was halfway normal, thought she was nice, yet a bit weird, then came the video chat... A beluga whale apparently owns a laptop. I can understand a woman who is bit heavy because it is harder than others to lose weight sometimes, but there is a limit. After that, she also became an extreme sexual deviant, which made me way more than uncomfortable. Luckily, one of her ex boyfriends wanted her back, so I let her go.

And now I am here, posting something quite personal on my first day on the Head-fi forums. SEE HOW MUCH I TRUST YOU GUYS?

lol... pretty girls we cant get, ugly ones we dont want... story of men... 

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #39 of 92
Quote:

Indeed. She was willing to lose weight for me she said, but the sexual deviant stuff got a bit overboard. I didn't know until later, but what she described what she would do to me was almost as bad as what she did with the dog.
That sent it overboard.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #40 of 92
What did I stumble upon (given the recent couple of posts above), coming from MT's IC thread on his SR-009 & LL??!?! 
confused_face_2.gif

I am lucky to have both this hobby + my wife's pseudo hobby of collecting really nice watches. For example, today I just learned that Tudor is a lesser brand from the same company that Rolex is from. She knows all this but I'm fairly clueless about the watches (I know some of you guys are into them here). I guess we have to keep both of each other in check otherwise there will be no college tuition saved up for our son by the time he turns 18. Tuition's gonna be like $100K/yr. :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #41 of 92
I've never had a girlfriend get upset about my audio purchases. As far as home and car audio, I've got pretty much everything I want and haven't spent too much money in the past few years. I came on this website about 4-6 months ago. I was looking for some gym headphones and ended up buying over 15 pairs of IEMs looking for the perfect sound. I think If I had a girlfriend this would be a problem.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #42 of 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsqirrel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't know until later, but what she described what she would do to me was almost as bad as what she did with the dog.
That sent it overboard.

Make sure never to involve peanut butter with any girl that owns a dog. I've seen and heard of some madness stories from friends that would stay with me for the rest of my life.

Quote:

Hey man, in some certain cases any hole is a goal! 
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #43 of 92
Quote:
Head-Fi is easy, try telling your wife you bought a Ferrari. At least mine doesn't bat an eye over audio gear anymore.
biggrin.gif

Well that's because she's got the Ferrari (well one of them any way).

Quote:

im 21 and never had a gf before... but i do have parents telling me to stop buying gears. "you only have 2 ears, why do you need more than 1 headphone?" me: "..."

"21 = 18 + 3."

Quote:
I came on this website about 4-6 months ago. I was looking for some gym headphones and ended up buying over 15 pairs of IEMs looking for the perfect sound.

15 down, 2,348 to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back