Gilmore X2 - coming......soon? with optional 24/96 Asynchronous USB DAC
Jan 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #108 of 155
over a year ago i asked (begged) justin to consider slapping a pico dac on gilmore lite (then eventually bought them separately eventually after cycling through a benchmark, etc.) - but it's still a sloppy desktop solution

this looks like it will just kill that - even outside of the technical improvements the functionality is ideal (preamp function to slap on a pair of active monitors or an amp for some bookshelves) - all under $1k

really, really cool - great product development Justin!

(personally i love the classic casing with the milled aluminum but who knows, maybe the new construction will grow on me)

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #109 of 155
Aghh waiting for more info is agonizing. I can't wait for pics and a chance to preorder.

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #110 of 155

Asr said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

zomg, I want it already! My jaw fell on the floor from the description! It's exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for!!!

Damn you Justin for emptying my wallet since 2006....

/goes off to cancel pre-order for an Arcam rDac

It's good for reference, Thanks for your sharing! It is just the solution for my problem.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #120 of 155
highly unlikely. it's more likely that if he wants to produce an amp to properly power those devices, it'll be different unit entirely.  i think Justin is just busy between (various) product development and product production. i'm not sure if he has anyone to help him or if he is a one man show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back