Gilmore V2-Second chance impressions/review
Jun 14, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #151 of 156
Quote:

Originally posted by BoyElroy
Statix, not to get too personal here, but I certainly hope you're a kid because there's no other way to excuse this sort of comment on these boards.

Had left this thread for awhile thinking/hoping that the invective would die down but alas, the vitriol of the jumpers-on has left me more than a little po'd.

I am disappointed to see how the pc police here has distorted and intimidated dissenting voices here.

I've received several messages of support in private basically saying they at least understand the very focused and legitimate point I was raising but felt a bit too intimidated to respond publicly. Comments like the one above by Statix are a good case in point.

You left out this quote of yourself:

Quote:

Thus am I dragged unwillingly into this feckless fray, forced to fend for myself against the angry hordes.

I told you to shut the hell up because I thought that you and your posts were annoying and obnoxious. That just happens to be my opinion. I guess I could've articulated this distaste for you better; MacDef already called you melodramatic. But, how's this: you're a drama queen who would swoon if you broke a nail. Now, that's just my opinion; please don't take it personally.

Jun 15, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #152 of 156
Quote:

you're a drama queen who would swoon if you broke a nail. Now, that's just my opinion; please don't take it personally. --Statix

Hmmn. Quite a remarkable bit of prose for such a confused young lad. Let me give you a few bits of advice before you reach puberty and get your head smashed in a bit of road rage;

1) Try not to enter fights late. This reflects badly on your sense of timing.

2) Lay off the sexual iinuendo stuff. You never know who you'll insult by accident.

3) Move out of your parent's house, travel a bit and see the world. The hatred and mean little voices in your head will hopefully go away.

lol. You're a remarkable, but creepy piece of work.

Jun 15, 2003 at 3:45 AM Post #153 of 156
Quote:

The completely unjustifiable, unwarranted and absurd personal attacks on Tuberoller that have been made in this thread, based on what I found to be a very honest review, absolutely disgust me--Nightfall

Speaking of melodramatic....

Jun 15, 2003 at 3:51 AM Post #154 of 156
Quote:

Originally posted by BoyElroy
Hmmn. Quite a remarkable bit of prose for such a confused young lad. Let me give you a few bits of advice before you reach puberty and get your head smashed in a bit of road rage;

1) Try not to enter fights late. This reflects badly on your sense of timing.

2) Lay off the sexual iinuendo stuff. You never know who you'll insult by accident.

3) Move out of your parent's house, travel a bit and see the world. The hatred and mean little voices in your head will hopefully go away.

lol. You're a remarkable, but creepy piece of work.

If there's anything that pisses me off, it's someone attacking someone else on the basis of their age, and especially in this condescending, arrogant, self-important, and generally *******-esque manner. (the fact that you can't spell 'innuendo' doesn't look good either.) If you want to debate an the basis of the argument, fine, but lay off the personal attacks. They *ARE* against the rules, you know...

Jun 15, 2003 at 4:28 AM Post #155 of 156
Quote:

If you want to debate an the basis of the argument, fine, but lay off the personal attacks. They *ARE* against the rules, you know...

*Ahem*Mea Culpa. My bad re: the typo. Please strike that from the record.

As for personal attacks, eric343, please read the thread a couple of pages back and acquaint yourself with Statix' remarks before making judgements. I wonder if all objectivity on this thread has flown the coop, as it were.

Indeed, I was the one who tried to walk away from this whole silliy catfight but did feel compelled to respond to Statix' comments to "shaddap" , amongst other things.

Please do try to keep things in perspective.

Jun 15, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #156 of 156
What began as a review of a piece of gear has degenerated into a thread of insults and name calling. It's over and this thread is closed.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back