Getting into Head-fi!
Aug 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #31 of 32
The Alpha Dogs are suppose to be great arent they? even better then mad dog? 
But yeah, never know whats gonne happen, suddenly I might end up with LCD2's and TH900 : P

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:
I always thought Sennheiser HD650 and Grado 325 were mid-fi cans. Granted, there are more expensive headphones available, but I'd have said LCD-2 were top tier cans.

Agree'd. My w1000x despite costing about $650 new [including the price for the Mods I made to it] is still in my book a mid fi can. A great one at that. But I expect cans like the LCD-2 to have a better sound quality any and every day/ Sound Signiture how ever, is not inter twined with quality. So there are plenty of Mid Fi cans that are more enjoyable than some high end ones... but I still believe that by the time I can afford a Byer T1. It will be my favorite headphone <3 [well one of them, currently my Mid Fi set up is complete with the Byer dt 880 pro, w1000x and Dt 990 Pro] each having the perfect sound sig for the range of music I like

hopefully when I hit High Tier, I'll find some other cans to compliment the T1 [which should be like a refined Dt 880 from what I hear] 

Non the less, if it sounds good enjoy it! If it sounds bad, find something that has the right mix of what you like. [although I find more expensive [higher teir'd] cans to have a better mix of elements xD than lower priced ones] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back