Getting into Head-fi!
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #16 of 32
I've been told that Audiophilleo is the one to go for with Conductor and LCD-2. I was sitting at the computer drunk the other night and nearly blew a grand on one before I reminded myself not to make big purchases in that state. I'm still thinking about it though. Either that or the Audiobyte one. By most accounts, they're head and shoulders above the rest.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 32
Yeah, I live in EU, so the Audiophilleo 2 would  just be a little cheaper then the Audiobytes. 
But I hope I can find one of them used. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:
Yeah. They seem a bit difficult to trace on the secondhand market.

most good products are hard to find used cause every1 likes them and doesn't ever sell them 
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #21 of 32
Yeah thats true!

I'm thinking about buying a Q Audio cable aswell.
Is it worth the hundreds of bucks it cost?

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:
Yeah thats true!

I'm thinking about buying a Q Audio cable aswell.
Is it worth the hundreds of bucks it cost?

i think most cables have little audible improvement, the main reason to buy them is just to have a nicer looking more durable cable than the stock ones, to me, any improvement in sound quality is just a bonus.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

i think most cables have little audible improvement, the main reason to buy them is just to have a nicer looking more durable cable than the stock ones, to me, any improvement in sound quality is just a bonus.

True, but if your attune to picking up on those little deatils it's a bigger bonus. But, I own a w1000x and I just want a new cable to match the gorgeous look of the wood tbh <3, and hopefully without stock to compare it with I'll b able to tell the little differences xD 

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #24 of 32
Yep!

My plan is:
Get USB interface, and cables to work with it. I'd like to get recommendation on cables for USB interface. 
Then Q Audio cable for the headphones.

I got a Buffalo DAC which was build for Petter Dale, hifi writer for the norwegian magazine "Audiofidility", so I might actually change amp aswell! 

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #25 of 32
^ That's my plan too. The interface will probably give you more of a discernible boost in SQ than the cable.

Doesn't sound like you're too impressed with the Conductor?

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #26 of 32
My plan was to get the Schiit Mjolnir, but since I found a conductor that was bought new in may 2013, and I got it for cheap, I went for it. 
Maybe I had too high expectations, but i''m not 100% impressed with the conductor. I'd like a little more punch in the bass, and more fun sounding. 
 I think my plan is to wait for the Schiit Ragnarok now and see how that is. 

I guess ive been bit by the headfi addiction bug : P

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #27 of 32
Maybe it's the headphones? When I first listened to LCD-2 I was a little underwhelmed by the bass. Now that I've gotten used to them I appreciate them for what they are. The bass is textured and accurate but they don't necessarily have that much punch. They're not bass-heavy headphones. Prior to getting hold of the Conductor I was using a Violectric V200 and compared to that the bass is taught and well controlled. Looking at your expectations and taste in music I can't help but think that one of the Fostex headphones is what you're after. Everyone on here said that the old Denons were fantastic with the Soloist so that should hold true with the TH600/TH900 too. Maybe an avenue worth exploring?

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #28 of 32
With the LCD2's, I find myself listening alot to electronic and rock music (Like Radiohead, Atoms for peace, Moderat, Disclosure). Really really satisfied with them for that genre.
In fact, I'm so satisfied with them that if a headphone just sounds a little bit worse, I will keep the LCD2'''s.
With EDM, maybe more commercial house music I guess you could say, I''m not 100% convinced yet. Might be since its not as well produced/mastered and as "high" fidility genre, so its lacking that bass and punch that will make you wanna rave. Makes sense? lol

So yeah you might be right. Only reasons I'd sell the LCD2's are if the Fostex would sound as good with electronic and rock music. 
I have been thinking about buying the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog headphones tho

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
With the LCD2's, I find myself listening alot to electronic and rock music (Like Radiohead, Atoms for peace, Moderat, Disclosure). Really really satisfied with them for that genre.
In fact, I'm so satisfied with them that if a headphone just sounds a little bit worse, I will keep the LCD2'''s.
With EDM, maybe more commercial house music I guess you could say, I''m not 100% convinced yet. Might be since its not as well produced/mastered and as "high" fidility genre, so its lacking that bass and punch that will make you wanna rave. Makes sense? lol

So yeah you might be right. Only reasons I'd sell the LCD2's are if the Fostex would sound as good with electronic and rock music. 
I have been thinking about buying the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog headphones tho

Wow, getting a Mid Fi can for edm. Still I really enjoyed the Mad Dog with EDM, it was not as tight as my Open dt 990 [which is still my only EDM dedicated headphone] still the Mad dog had excellent mids and bass which was awesome with Drum n Bass tracks. An the Mad Dog is said to scale well, so it should sound really wonderful with your current gear. And if your don't like the Mad Dog you can return it [as long as u buy it new]

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #30 of 32
Wow, getting a Mid Fi can for edm. Still I really enjoyed the Mad Dog with EDM, it was not as tight as my Open dt 990 [which is still my only EDM dedicated headphone] still the Mad dog had excellent mids and bass which was awesome with Drum n Bass tracks. An the Mad Dog is said to scale well, so it should sound really wonderful with your current gear. And if your don't like the Mad Dog you can return it [as long as u buy it new]

I always thought Sennheiser HD650 and Grado 325 were mid-fi cans. Granted, there are more expensive headphones available, but I'd have said LCD-2 were top tier cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back